GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/30/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
we had a 60-40% edge in high quality scoring chances. And usually it's the way things go when a team has a lead against a weaker opponent, they take their foot off the gas and make things closer than they should be. That said, the Oilers had a lot more fight than I thought and made this one a nailbiter

Yeah, the Leafs had more high danger chances and their xGF was higher too. Adjusted stats would be even more in favour of the Leafs.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Nah. Leafs dominated the first and second. Gardiner had some spectacular brain farts or it wouldn't have been close.
2nd? Eeeeeee

But 1st for sure, wouldn't be surprised if the bumper in chances we made during the 1st carried throughout the game to have Leafs with more HDSCF/SCF at the end

Honestly thank god both of McDavid & Matthews scored, saves a bunch of trolling

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
2nd? Eeeeeee

But 1st for sure, wouldn't be surprised if the bumper in chances we made during the 1st carried throughout the game to have Leafs with more HDSCF/SCF at the end

9-4 in the 1st
5-8 in the 2nd
4-0 in the 3rd

Even in the 2nd it wasn't a huge gap, especially if consider score effects.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Looks like your Oilers could sure use a couple of victories “handed” to them. Regardless, we’ll gladly take it. Thanks!

They sure could. They lose too many close games due to lack of secondary scoring but a few greasy wins wouldn't be turned away.

Even our fans have completely wrong opinions once in a while.

I wonder if I'll see any Oilers fans acknowledge Broissoit's terrific play tonight.

He played very well.... I expected him to get shelled to be honest but he kept us in there.

I don't see many leafs fans denying the leafs were outplayed in the last half of the game.

Look back lol, theres some serious trolling going on.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
On the plus side, maybe this team isn't so terrible with Brossoit in net after all.
Brossoit made a lot of great saves. He kept your team within two after the first, otherwise, would have been a blown out game.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The stats you cited, at least from my perspective did not reflect the fight that the Oilers gave in the last 2 periods.

No offence, but the numbers are far more reliable than what our eyes pick up.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
2nd? Eeeeeee

yeah Matthews with 2 pts though to the 1 of mcdavid.

oilers fans wouldnt be letting it go if connor had 2 pts and auston had just 1

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
yeah Matthews with 2 pts though to the 1 of mcdavid.

oilers fans wouldnt be letting it go if connor had 2 pts and auston had just 1
Despite points, McDavid was noticeably better individually than Matthews in this game. But who gives a shit, the Leafs won and the Oilers crapped the bed. And Matthews ended up contributing to the victory so who's to say he didn't win this match up.

Reactions: LeafsAndFlames

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Despite points, McDavid was noticeably better individually than Matthews in this game. But who gives a ****, the Leafs won and the Oilers crapped the bed. And Matthews ended up contributing to the victory so who's to say he didn't win this match up.

McDavidade the Leafs dzone look like a slalom course at times. Especially against Polak.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Despite points, McDavid was noticeably better individually than Matthews in this game. But who gives a ****, the Leafs won and the Oilers crapped the bed. And Matthews ended up contributing to the victory so who's to say he didn't win this match up.
I think McDavid was better offensively but Matthews was better defensively. Definitely a good game for both guys

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
2wcfeki.jpg

2jczzg5.jpg

Reactions: Petrus

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Past 2 games in EDM, the scoring has been opened up by Auston Matthews, assisted by Nylander,
who was playing on another (lower) line. Both were also passes from the right side to the left side.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I've seen that a few times where he braces a guy so he doesn't crash into the boards. Need more guys like him out there. I'm a fan of big, clean hits... but I don't want to see anyone injured.
Really? Tell that to Ballard.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Kadri also was unable to "blanket" McDavid as in previous games, though McDavid's giveaway did contribute to his 2nd goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad