GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/30/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Moral victories again, Corsi Cup we're coming for you. Blech that is a devastating way to lose a hockey game.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, the Oilers team and especially Russell definitely should be buying Broissoit dinner for the rest of the year. He single handedly kept them in the game and that's how they repay him. Atrocious.

Hope Leafs show up against Vancouver. They always have our number in that town.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Come on Bro, Leafs were outplayed. We we’re very lucky Russell made a mistake.

Nah. Leafs dominated the first and second. Gardiner had some spectacular brain farts or it wouldn't have been close.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Leafs are gooooood. like actually
Oilers are just..... SMH... embarassing. just smh. disappointing. thier season is done.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Come on Bro, Leafs were outplayed. We we’re very lucky Russell made a mistake.
we had a 60-40% edge in high quality scoring chances. And usually it's the way things go when a team has a lead against a weaker opponent, they take their foot off the gas and make things closer than they should be. That said, the Oilers had a lot more fight than I thought and made this one a nailbiter

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I expected a much more dominant win by the Leafs, not being handed a victory. Good game either way.

Can't really say they were handed the victory a win is a win. That was one of the best games I've seen in awhile.

This team is so soul crushing it's not even funny anymore.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yes on an empty net which wouldn't have mattered if it went in or not. Very odd narrative on your part, but that seems to be the quality of poster littered in this thread.

Thanks for a fun game to the Leafs fans in this thread who aren't as obtuse as this guy and PinkFly. Some half decent Leafs fans out there after all ;)
Lol I think he is just looking for an argument at all times.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
we had a 60-40% edge in high quality scoring chances. And usually it's the way things go when a team has a lead against a weak opponent, they take their foot off the gas and make things closer than they should be.
Yup. Leafs had a 57.14% xGF% at 5v5. Don't know where the notion came from that the Oilers dominated. Leafs had way better quality scoring chances while Oilers controlled the play more. Its reflected in the score and the shots.

Reactions: Max Money

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
we had a 60-40% edge in high quality scoring chances. And usually it's the way things go when a team has a lead against a weaker opponent, they take their foot off the gas and make things closer than they should be. That said, the Oilers had a lot more fight than I thought and made this one a nailbiter

It was closer to 2/3 of all high quality chances. Toronto had 20, Oilers had 10. Andersen and Gardiner had an off game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad