GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/28/2023 | 10 games of a fun time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It's not really criticism that is annoying though. Every Canuck fan knows we're not a top team in the league, no one expects us to keep pace with Vegas for the top seed in the West.

The annoying part is the geniuses that roll through once the coast is clear to saying highly intelligent things like "PDO!!" "Regression!!" as though they're the only ones smart enough to see the team is playing above their true talent level. We get it, you read a stat table, cool bro. Go put it in a blog.
I’m glad we all agree. That’s why it’s so baffling that a few of you guys get so butthurt and attempt to make things personal when someone states their hockey opinion on a hockey board about hockey.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I suspect it's the obnoxious way you state your opinion, rather than the opinion itself

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I suspect it's the obnoxious way you state your opinion, rather than the opinion itself
Go through Canucks fans responses to me constantly attempting to go “LOL-Oilers” instead of talk about the topic at hand and then really consider who is being obnoxious.

Your response is actually a great example: “Hilarious seeing Oiler fans back in here running their mouth after winning a couple of games. Where you guys been the last month?”

• Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Every team in the league faces injuries, back to backs, fatigue and travel. Get over it. It’s not an excuse for your team or anyone else’s.

It certainly hasn’t been allowed to be a crutch for the the Oilers in the past, like your attempting to make it right now (I’m not even sure why, you’re in a playoff position and overachieving so why make excuses?).

For the third time, the Oilers sucking is independent of the Canucks riding high PDO and getting wins when they are outplayed. Both are true.
Not sure why you care about Canucks so much. Shouldn't you worry about your so call cup favourites? So what if Canucks are riding a high PDO and overachieving? Seems the Canucks are living rent free in your head with their high PDO while your Oilers have been terrible this season. I sense jealousy since you seem to be more invested in talking about Canucks issues and why they are winning while getting outplayed.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Go through Canucks fans responses to me constantly attempting to go “LOL-Oilers” instead of talk about the topic at hand and then really consider who is being obnoxious.

Your response is actually a great example: “Hilarious seeing Oiler fans back in here running their mouth after winning a couple of games. Where you guys been the last month?”
I just wonder why you need to troll Canucks fans. You really think you were Nostradamus for saying Canucks will lose games and regress a bit?? Everyone already pointed it out but you keep talking about it like it's a huge discovery. Again Canucks are still 2nd in the west while Oilers aren't in playoff position when they should have been leading the west. That should be more concerning to you then if Canucks make playoffs or not. All Canucks fans are very happy about their play, we don't need you to spread your negativity regarding Canucks.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This was the right call, but man this Pietro head snap from tonight is Divelanche levels of embarrassment. Does he have no shame?

Attachments

• PIETROHEADSNAP.mp4
    9.1 MB

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It's not really criticism that is annoying though. Every Canuck fan knows we're not a top team in the league, no one expects us to keep pace with Vegas for the top seed in the West.

The annoying part is the geniuses that roll through once the coast is clear to saying highly intelligent things like "PDO!!" "Regression!!" as though they're the only ones smart enough to see the team is playing above their true talent level. We get it, you read a stat table, cool bro. Go put it in a blog.
What I find really funny is when Canucks were winning many games in a row, they kept talking about how unsustainable it was to keep winning. Didn't take a genius to know teams eventually lose and have losing streaks. It was annoying as hell to hear it while Vegas was winning at similar rate and never got any criticism. Then Canucks lose a few and they show up saying "I told you so". It's really juvenile for these people to act like this especially when Canucks have been a surprise team this year. It's just some jealousy towards how good the Canucks have played so far. The difference is Canucks were never expected to do anything while Oilers, McDavid and their fans put a huge target on their back when they claimed themselves cup favorites before the season even began. Publications even claimed them cup winners of this year. So excuse me if the Oilers are eating a little bit of that humble pie. This is why we play the game on the ice and not on paper.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Edit: Not worth responding to jackjohnson. Dude is spiralling and unable to discuss hockey without reaching or making things personal.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How does something being obvious or not affect how it's called? If you break a rule by an inch or a mile you still broke a rule.

What you're saying is you want your team to be allowed to play by their own rules.

My thing is that, we should let the guys play and not have a gazillion replays and changing results and stoppages. Hockey was always the best compared to the other sports cause it's a less rigid game. it's a game of errors. What happens the first time should be what is.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
My thing is that, we should let the guys play and not have a gazillion replays and changing results and stoppages. Hockey was always the best compared to the other sports cause it's a less rigid game. it's a game of errors. What happens the first time should be what is.

What happened the first time is a player broke the rule. Glad the league got it right, sports are better when officials get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad