GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/28/2023 | 10 games of a fun time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Any sane person knows that the Canucks are far from being a contender, they are a struggling team just looking to get back into the post season
Eight years of absolute shit, this fanbase wants the playoffs, it’s that simple, anything after that is gravy

Reactions: Szechwan

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Any sane person knows that the Canucks are far from being a contender, they are a struggling team just looking to get back into the post season
He thinks Canucks are a contender now just because our defensive game is better than Foilers lol...I guess he has set the bar low since Canucks just want to make playoffs. They aren't winning the cup or trying to win it lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks fan unable to take criticism is brutal. Regressing to the mean isn’t as offensive as you think it is - and it has nothing to do with the Oilers.
No one had Canucks as the top team this season genius. Everyone thought we would be in the bottom of the league. The fact they are 2nd in west at this point in the season is already exceeding expectations. Maybe you should worry about your team, the so called cup favourites lol

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
He thinks Canucks are a contender now just because our defensive game is better than Foilers lol...I guess he has set the bar low since Canucks just want to make playoffs. They aren't winning the cup or trying to win it lol
Stop taking it so personally. And to be clear, I never said you were contenders, I said you were pretenders. Glad we agree.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
We need something like a .640ish points percentage the rest of the way. This team has shown they can play that type of hockey before.

This is all new territory for Van though. Maybe it lasts but the analytics are saying it probably won’t. Meanwhile the analytics show that the Oilers are way underperforming their actual record.

Who knows though, analytics have their flaws.
If we used analytics for everything then Flames would be the top team in the league lol

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Overall decent night of hockey, came away with 3 out of 4 points and some more vcash to blow on future games

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Stop taking it so personally. And to be clear, I never said you were contenders, I said you were pretenders. Glad we agree.
Nothing personal just you come off as arrogant all of a sudden since Oilers won games these past few days. The fact we are pretenders is already a win buddy. We were never expected to make playoffs this year according to HFboard.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If we used analytics for everything then Flames would be the top team in the league lol
I’m not huge on them either, but those numbers don’t mean nothing.. there’s something to them, how much I guess we’ll find out when this season shakes out.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Nothing personal just you come off as arrogant all of a sudden since Oilers won games these past few days. The fact we are pretenders is already a win buddy. We were never expected to make playoffs this year according to HFboard.
Stay focused. My criticism of the Canucks has nothing to do with the Oilers. I am unsure of how you and a few of your other fellow fans are unable to comprehend that.

Again, I’m glad we agree.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, i'm sure Canucks fans werent arrogant at all when they had a pdo of like 1.2

• Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Yeah, i'm sure Canucks fans werent arrogant at all when they had a pdo of like 1.2
Hehe we were mocking you people for going all anal on PDO.

Stay focused. My criticism of the Canucks has nothing to do with the Oilers. I am unsure of how you and a few of your other fellow fans are unable to comprehend that.

Again, I’m glad we agree.
I think it's convenient how you show up once Oilers are doing well. Not a peep when they were down in the gutter.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Hehe we were mocking you people for going all anal on PDO.

I think it's convenient how you show up once Oilers are doing well. Not a peep when they were down in the gutter.
My post history is public. The Canucks riding a high while getting outplayed and being likely to regress is independent of the Oilers sucking. Both are true.

Again, stop taking it so personally.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
My post history is public. The Canucks riding a high while getting outplayed and being likely to regress is independent of the Oilers sucking. Both are true.

Again, stop taking it so personally.
Canucks played 4 back to backs and played lots of games going east and west and changing 3 time zones. Aside from dealing with some injuries, theybare doing very well. Let's see how oilers do when they have to play 10 games in 17 nights going back and forth on the road and home. And this is a team that missed the playoffs last season. Am not worried at all about how they played due to fatigue and injuries. At least they have a good coach and good defensive system they can rely on unlike the Edmonton McJesus team over there.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Canucks played 4 back to backs and played lots of games going east and west and changing 3 time zones. Aside from dealing with some injuries, theybare doing very well. Let's see how oilers do when they have to play 10 games in 17 nights going back and forth on the road and home. And this is a team that missed the playoffs last season. Am not worried at all about how they played due to fatigue and injuries. At least they have a good coach and good defensive system they can rely on unlike the Edmonton McJesus team over there.
Every team in the league faces injuries, back to backs, fatigue and travel. Get over it. It’s not an excuse for your team or anyone else’s.

It certainly hasn’t been allowed to be a crutch for the the Oilers in the past, like your attempting to make it right now (I’m not even sure why, you’re in a playoff position and overachieving so why make excuses?).

For the third time, the Oilers sucking is independent of the Canucks riding high PDO and getting wins when they are outplayed. Both are true.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hilarious seeing Oiler fans back in here running their mouth after winning a couple of games. Where you guys been the last month?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Hilarious seeing Oiler fans back in here running their mouth after winning a couple of games. Where you guys been the last month?
Canucks fan unable to take criticism is brutal. Regressing to the mean isn’t as offensive as you think it is - and it has nothing to do with the Oilers.
Hilarious seeing Canuck fans unable to take a hint of criticism without making things personal. I even called it 5 posts above.

For some reason, you’d rather whine about the Oilers than dispute anything I said about the Canucks.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Man this global warming has been great for our Autumns.

Sorry to all the disappeared island countries though, that kinda sucks…
This has been the greatest November that I can remember. It’s almost December and not a single patch of snow anywhere. We are truly gods country.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Hilarious seeing Canuck fans unable to take a hint of criticism without making things personal. I even called it 5 posts above.

For some reason, you’d rather whine about the Oilers than dispute anything I said about the Canucks.
It's not really criticism that is annoying though. Every Canuck fan knows we're not a top team in the league, no one expects us to keep pace with Vegas for the top seed in the West.

The annoying part is the geniuses that roll through once the coast is clear to saying highly intelligent things like "PDO!!" "Regression!!" as though they're the only ones smart enough to see the team is playing above their true talent level. We get it, you read a stat table, cool bro. Go put it in a blog.

Reactions: jackjohnson

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This has been the greatest November that I can remember. It’s almost December and not a single patch of snow anywhere. We are truly gods country.

I know I’m out here wearing hoodies in November. Back before the world burned, I was wearing my thickest winter jackets to get through Halloween.

Reactions: Coffey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad