GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/28/2023 | 10 games of a fun time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It's pretty incredible how Canucks can get outplayed game after game yet still somehow pull out wins(or close and winnable games).
It’ll be interesting to see when that luck runs out. Can’t get outplayed like that forever.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Something about a strength development plan, the actual plan is very confusing but it seems like they're trying to have him play 2-3 games per week and focus on strength training during his missed time.

They really need to let him play more, he's a treat to watch. I get holding him out on a back to back occasionally, but he hasn't played since Friday.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It's pretty incredible how Canucks can get outplayed game after game yet still somehow pull out wins(or close and winnable games).
Vezina level goaltending and 4 players in the top 15 for points. Canucks biggest issues is they can’t deal with injuries due to the fact they don’t have any promising players to fill those roles. A few key injuries and they’ll topple

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’ll be interesting to see when that luck runs out. Can’t get outplayed like that forever.
Luck?

How about watching some games?
They were absolutely dominant for the first part of the season, only right now they look more human.

Mostly because of significant injuries

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
The luck runs out? Like Oilers winning games now?
The Oilers game is over. Stay focused. :nod:

My point stands. The Canucks have struggled against the top half of the league, get outplayed by most of the league, but have found a way to get wins riding the PDO train. Those things regress to the mean whether you like it or not.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Luck?

How about watching some games?
They were absolutely dominant for the first part of the season, only right now they look more human.

Mostly because of significant injuries
All teams experience injuries. Regardless, they have enough headway that they should solidly be a playoff team. Still largely pretenders.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008

My point stands. The Canucks have struggled against the top half of the league, get outplayed by most of the league, but have found a way to get wins riding the PDO train. Those things regress to the mean whether you like it or not.
It’s already regressed a bit, also, don’t the Oilers have to go on like a 110 point pace to make the playoffs?

Good luck with that

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
All teams experience injuries. Regardless, they have enough headway that they should solidly be a playoff team. Still largely pretenders.
We’re not trying to win the Stanley Cup here as our main goal this year, we’re trying to make the playoffs, since when did we suddenly become some contenders?

Just because we have played well this season, I think your artificially moving the goalposts

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Could be worse, could be Edmonton who struggle against both the top and bottom half of the league :nod:

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It’s already regressed a bit, also, don’t the Oilers have to go on like a 110 point pace to make the playoffs?

Good luck with that
Sure?

Not sure what that has to do with the Canucks but if it makes you feel better.

Reactions: zar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Good luck with that

We need something like a .640ish points percentage the rest of the way. This team has shown they can play that type of hockey before.

This is all new territory for Van though. Maybe it lasts but the analytics are saying it probably won’t. Meanwhile the analytics show that the Oilers are way underperforming their actual record.

Who knows though, analytics have their flaws.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
We need something like a .640ish points percentage the rest of the way. This team has shown they can play that type of hockey before.

This is all new territory for Van though. Maybe it lasts but the analytics are saying it probably won’t. Meanwhile the analytics show that the Oilers are way underperforming their actual record.

Who knows though, analytics have their flaws.
I agree though, I’m not a 100% analytic purist either

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
We’re not trying to win the Stanley Cup here as our main goal this year, we’re trying to make the playoffs, since when did we suddenly become some contenders?

Just because we have played well this season, I think your artificially moving the goalposts
Any sane person knows that the Canucks are far from being a contender, they are a struggling team just looking to get back into the post season

Reactions: Szechwan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad