GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
That's because Colorado is GOAT place to live while Pittsburgh is....well....not. Cheers buddy on not being in a playoff spot and losing the way you lot did.

So either way, your dumb statement is wrong. You just backtracked on that very quickly.

And Colorado as the GOAT place to live? Lol. To each their own, I guess.

We have done too much winning recently. May be it’s time to pass the torch. By your grammar and comebacks, I’d guess you weren’t even born the last time the Avalanche won a Stanley Cup.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Lol, get lost Penguins. Letang knew what he was doing there and went down like a sack of potatoes in Jupiter's gravity. This is why nobody likes this awful team besides inside the city.
I'm not inside their city

Judging by the amount of Pens fans in the arena tonight I am not alone either...

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Denver has been a hot pot of out of towners since the weed legalization. It's almost scary how much out population jumped. Pittsburgh and Blackhawk fans are in high abundance here. That's for sure.

While I understand the reasons, I was responding to another Avs fan saying that no one likes them outside of Pittsburgh which obviously isn’t true.

With weed on the verge of becoming legal in many other states, I’d assume that the population out there will begin to thin out or at least not climb so high.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So either way, your dumb statement is wrong. You just backtracked on that very quickly.

We have done too much winning recently. May be it’s time to pass the torch. By your grammar and comebacks, I’d guess you weren’t even born the last time the Avalanche won a Stanley Cup.
Too much winning recently? I remember just a decade ago (you, know not that long ago) you lot were on the verge of moving to Portland or Seattle due to complete and utter instability. Not even homeless people on the streets who were given free tickets wanted to see the Pittsburgh Penguins. At least Avs got some core pieces and talent beyond the top 5 brah. Oh smack, got burned hard here.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

tenor.gif

Sorry, had to do it. GG tonight.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
With weed on the verge of becoming legal in many other states, I’d assume that the population out there will begin to thin out or at least not climb so high.
It won't. Weed is a tiny reason for so many people moving into Colorado. Places like Denver, Boulder, and the surrounding towns are growing at an insane rate and pricing locals out. Can't find a much better spot to be in the country.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Too much winning recently? I remember just a decade ago (you, know not that long ago) you lot were on the verge of moving to Portland or Seattle due to complete and utter instability. Not even homeless people on the streets who were given free tickets wanted to see the Pittsburgh Penguins. At least Avs got some core pieces and talent beyond the top 5 brah. Oh smack, got burned hard here.

A decade ago the Penguins had just come off their first trip to the Stanley Cup finals since 1992.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018

Well if you can remember a decade ago, which isn’t factually correct anyways but you seem to have trouble with facts, then you can remember 9 years ago, Pens won the cup. How about 3 and 2 years ago. Can you remember that far back?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well if you can remember a decade ago, which isn’t factually correct anyways but you seem to have trouble with facts, then you can remember 9 years ago, Pens won the cup. How about 3 and 2 years ago. Can you remember that far back?
Nah I can"t when im celebrating this hard beating you lot and refs all in one night off a dive penlaity.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It won't. Weed is a tiny reason for so many people moving into Colorado. Places like Denver, Boulder, and the surrounding towns are growing at an insane rate and pricing locals out. Can't find a much better spot to be in the country.

Quickly becoming one of the most expensive states in the entire country. Will rival New York expensive here within the near future.

Why people would choose to live there when North/South Carolina have much lower expenses and nicer weather is beyond me!

But like I stated earlier, to each their own.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I don't know if it's the GOAT place to live, but it seems pretty popular. 57% of the population in Colorado was born outside the state, which I think is the highest in the U.S. All the out of state folks means that whenever a good team like the Pens or Hawks come to town the arena is always packed with non-Avs fans. Either folks from those areas, or more likely folks who just came to Colorado, had no affiliations or connections with local clubs, and just hopped on the bandwagon of teams doing well at the moment -- especially since the Avs have sucked lately.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't see any reason the refs should make calls based on what calls they made earlier in the game. if something's a penalty, call it

I absolutely agree with that, for the record, but that's not how this league has worked for a while (has it ever?). The rulebook is never called. If it was, McDavid would singlehandedly draw a half dozen penalties a game. Some Pens fan might tell me I'm whining - maybe I am - but if they called it by the rulebook there should have been a half dozen or more on the Pens tonight for what they were doing to obstruct the top line. There were guys hanging on the backs of Rantanen and MacKinnon. Should Landy's slewfoot have been a call? Absolutely, 100%. But given they somehow decided the Pens committed one penalty all night it's rather clear things aren't called by the rulebook, and so I don't feel badly about it at all.

I think "game management" plays a pretty big role in what's called and whats not. They didn't want to call anything on the Pens when the Avs were up 3-0, so they let the Pens get away with everything for the first 38 minutes; they don't like calling penalties in third periods, so they let both teams get away with everything; and they certainly don't want to call a penalty with a minute to go, so you can pretty much get away with murder, AKA Landeskog's slewfoot.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Such an under-rated post

I was wondering what in the hell multiple people were talking about, tonight.

Then I realized my username and it all made sense. Good one fellas. Someone took Hockey4Life already. I had to sacrifice for this one.

Reactions: missionAvs

member 116861

Pretty sure @S E P H is 40, who else enjoys f***ing jazz bars?!?

Reactions: cgf

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
As someone who reluctantly had to leave Colorado for work, I wish people would stop talking about how great it is to live there. I'd like to return there some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad