GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/27/19 - More games than yesterday and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure how this helps your argument...

Hard to tell.... Nurse also made no attempt to slow up, and was essentially riding piggy back...

I don't see this as nearly as obvious. If Nurse isn't on him/behind him the entire way in, then maybe you have a point. As it stands... it's conjecture at best.
It's not conjecture, there was no attempt of Compher to slow down. He doesn't adjust his skates to brake or slow up. Nurse being on him tight doesn't prevent him from attempting to stop or slow down.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
First period was entertaining back and forth. Rest of the game was pretty entertaining from an Avs perspective, but that had the potential to be an awesome run and gun game back and forth prior to the 5 minute major. Hard to know if the play in the 1st period would have continued, but it certainly seemed like the 5min major had a huge impact on the back and forth play we saw in the first. Edmonton just looked like they had the life sucked out of them after that, which is odd because you'd think a big 5 min and 2min 5 on 3 kill would give them momentum, but perhaps Larsson, Chiasson, and Russell missing for large parts of the game contributed to it.

It's too bad they don't play each other again this year (or at least I don't think they do) because they're fun games to watch.

They play again in March for the rubber match and I wouldn't be shocked to see them meet in the playoffs. What a series that would be

Reactions: snipes

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nurse makes incidental contact with Grubauer, Avs fans lose their minds.

McDavid takes a stick upside the head, nope, nothing to see here.
Honestly I've seen McDavid take at least 10 uncalled high sticks this year, so I wasn't really surprised that they missed that one. Usually the refs are pretty good on making high sticking calls, but for whatever reason they've missed a lot on him so far this year.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
It's not conjecture, there was no attempt of Compher to slow down. He doesn't adjust his skates to brake or slow up. Nurse being on him tight doesn't prevent him from attempting to stop or slow down.

It's hard to slow down when you are being pushed from behind...

Reactions: S E P H

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Nurse makes incidental contact with Grubauer, Avs fans lose their minds.

McDavid takes a stick upside the head, nope, nothing to see here.

Nah, I'm pretty content watching your routine here.

Right, it's Avs fans in here losing their minds...

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It's hard to slow down when you are being pushed from behind...
It's hard to stop when you're being pushed, it's not hard to slow down. If he shoved him into Koskinen I'd agree, but as I said there was no attempt by Compher to even slow down with his skates and that's why the ref called it. If Nurse just shoved him in it wouldn't have even been called.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
It's hard to stop when you're being pushed, it's not hard to slow down. If he shoved him into Koskinen I'd agree, but as I said there was no attempt by Compher to even slow down with his skates and that's why the ref called it. If Nurse just shoved him in it wouldn't have even been called.

Meh, I say you are splitting hairs. If you are going to call Compher dirty for that, Nurse deserves every bit of that blame. He HAS to let Compher slow down or change direction, he really didn't do either. Did Compher make some great effort to avoid contact despite the hammer-and-anvil situation? No. Is he obliged to though?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, I say you are splitting hairs. If you are going to call Compher dirty for that, Nurse deserves every bit of that blame. He HAS to let Compher slow down or change direction, he really didn't do either. Did Compher make some great effort to avoid contact despite the hammer-and-anvil situation? No. Is he obliged to though?
When did I call Compher dirty?

And to answer your last question, yes he is obliged to if he doesn't want to take a penalty.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well one of your buddies just posted a random video with no bearing on the conversation, so I dunno man.
Every Avs fan has seen pretty much every wild and terrible situation try to screw the team this season. That wasn't even the only one, Zadorov got hit in the face with the puck, broke his jaw, and they wouldn't blow the play dead either.

Random high-sticks go uncalled all the time and against every team, just because it happened to your superstar I am supposed to care?

Haven't been following this side conversation, but what does that video have to do with a high stick?
He's whining about a non-call against McDavid, which I posted a video where a bloke got seriously injured and there was no call on the play...like nothing.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
You have a pretty complex set of rules for what you do and don't denounce, and elucidate them for pretty vague reasons.

I don't denounce trolls, I ignore them - what about that is vague? The rules are fairly linear, follow a clear logical path and don't be hypocritical.

Conversely, implying others are complicit because of their silence seems complex and vague, when he is neither applying the same conditions to himself nor his own fanbase, many of whom didn't seem to take undue offense to the trolls comments.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Every Avs fan has seen pretty much every wild and terrible situation try to screw the team this season. That wasn't even the only one, Zadorov got hit in the face with the puck, broke his jaw, and they wouldn't blow the play dead either.

Random high-sticks go uncalled all the time and against every team, just because it happened to your superstar I am supposed to care?

I think one would be sympathetic to the league wide reffing incompetence if that's the case. IMO there needs to be a complete overhaul of rules, reffing, suspensions, and standards in the NHL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
[MOD]

I think one would be sympathetic to the league wide reffing incompetence if that's the case. IMO there needs to be a complete overhaul of rules, reffing, suspensions, and standards in the NHL.
Not disagreeing in the slightest, Avs got away with some calls in this game, but honestly it is so inconsistent that it eventually evens itself out over time.

Last edited by a moderator:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

He's whining about a non-call against McDavid, which I posted a video where a bloke got seriously injured and there was no call on the play...like nothing.
Ok, but what does a puck hitting a guy's head have to do with a high sticking penalty. Refs should have blown that play dead, but there was no penalty on that play. Just seems like an odd way of arguing over how the refs screwed you over.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
i don't think anyone's watching the same game you guys are.. every single game you guys are whining page after page after page

you're #1 in the pacific, life isn't so bad
Game management against a generational talent tends to lead to that. McDavid should be drawing double the penalties he has.

As for the Larsson game misconduct, I think it was a lot in context of other players (e.g. Marchand boarding someone away from the play), but I'd be happy if the league called that play the way they did today. Just need consistency.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Not disagreeing in the slightest, Avs got away with some calls in this game, but honestly it is so inconsistent that it eventually evens itself out over time.

Honestly, I don't understand this logic. It's so bad, but equally bad for everyone - so it's actually okay?

[MOD]

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It doesn't though. Teams with fast, skilled players tend to get shafted by game management. Just as an example within the Oilers, Draisaitl is more immune to the interference and crap thrown McDavid's way. A team of Draisaitls would be less affected by game management compared to a team of McDavids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad