GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/27/19 - More games than yesterday and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Yeah but they list 2-point and 3-point games separately.

Yes, but in the tweet they just say "more", and it looks by the graph he has 11 2-point games versus 4 0-point games + 7 1, point games. So I think they are including the games over 2 also.

Not saying it isn't impressive, but given that a player could potentially score 2,3,4,5,6+ in a game multiple times, I don't think it's super outrageous. He has been consistent though

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
What pulling Compher off his goalie? I'd understand a retort like this if Nurse started feeding him, but he didn't even throw a punch.

Well... no... that's not what a caboose is. I guess look it up?

Nurse is attached to JTC all the way into Koskinen.... You guys are acting like he just free-and-clear ran into him with no large defenseman plowing him in.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Boy, you're going to another teams' board and expecting Oilers supporters?

It's a delusion tbh. Everyone must be happy the Oilers are finally looking competitive, right? After they screwed the draft lottery up, have wasted years of a generational talent, and made every thread that isn't about the Leafs about the Oilers.

Tonight is just another example of delusion.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
you can't win with Oiler fans, the team is full of saints and do no wrong, Yet anyone that goes near McDavid and Draisaitl need to be penalized

I don't think it's fair to paint any fans (besides Leaves fans) with the same brush. I think the Oilers do a lot of dirty things that deserve penalties and suspensions and also McDavid gets mugged out there because interference is coming back in a big way which I dislike. Don't like it when the Oilers do it either.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And Kadri is?

Lol he cowered behind the ref just like Compher turtled after running our goalie.
Lol, nice hot take.

Here is some cold hard facts to let you cool off..

1. Kadri absolutely hid behind the refs, because Avs don't need their 2nd line centre fighting a Neanderthal. Neanderthal Kassian can go pick up a fight with Neanderthal Lucic. Avs have enough injuries and we all know that Kassian would easily beat Kadri, but Nazem is ten times the player he is, so no need.

2. First, Compher did not run Koskinen, he was being bear-hugged/held by Nurse which limited his escape options. Second, being punched in the back of the head before having the ability to get up and defend yourself is turtling? I wish the IQ store wasn't sold-out for black Friday because I would've bought you a ton from their buy one, get one free sale. If you want to stand up for your goaler, fight like a man and allow a defenceless player to get up from a vulnerable position...and I say this not really caring what happens to Compher, but come on man you're better than this.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's a delusion tbh. Everyone must be happy the Oilers are finally looking competitive, right? After they screwed the draft lottery up, have wasted years of a generational talent, and made every thread that isn't about the Leafs about the Oilers.

Tonight is just another example of delusion.
Of course that’s the fans fault... not sure you guys should be throwing rocks from your glass houses.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well... no... that's not what a caboose is. I guess look it up?

Nurse is attached to JTC all the way into Koskinen.... You guys are acting like he just free-and-clear ran into him with no large defenseman plowing him in.
C'mon it was pretty obvious that contact was happening no matter what. Nurse was on him tight but Compher made no attempt to even slow up as he drove the net. I don't really care that he did it, but it was pretty obvious Compher went to the net hard with no care if he ran over the goalie.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I have not been in the HFAvs subforum tonight but I will note that
Should take note of it before you denounce our whole fanbase. Every fan base does the same thing...

Boy, you're going to another teams' board and expecting Oilers supporters?
Conversely, why should Meowth expect supporters for his team here? It's the mainboards, not the friendzone. And where are you getting the plural from, I don't see droves of Avs fans in here calling us unclassy, just him...So I would expect only him to go in there and stick up for us in front of all of the unclassy remarks...or not, because no one does. So it's pointless virtue signalling

Well, that's probably a bit of hyperbole, but the key there is "your post game thread." As opposed to Oilers fans here doing it...
Nah, the key is - this site lives on a razor thin moral highgrounds. I don't actually give a shit if they say nice things or not, but I'm not denouncing others for being silent about it while I'm simultaneously silent about other "unclassy" things my fan-base does.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Please don't say "should of" - it's the equivalent of "axe me a question" and makes me cringe :(
(no offence, just an illiteracy pet peeve on my part)

It's incredible how often native english speakers make that mistake. Same with "this red car is faster then that blue one".

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
To be fair, it all started after an Oilers fan came in to stir **** up.

So tell him off for the troll he is. Or ignore him, like everyone else. Instead of trying to indirectly point out that all Oiler fans are complicit in his bullshit statement, because they didn't officially denounce the guy.

Roll the presses, all Oiler fans must show solidarity for one trolls comments, or we are UNCLASSY

McCarthyism

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
C'mon it was pretty obvious that contact was happening no matter what.

I'm not sure how this helps your argument...

Nurse was on him tight but Compher made no attempt to even slow up as he drove the net.

Hard to tell.... Nurse also made no attempt to slow up, and was essentially riding piggy back...

I don't really care that he did it, but it was pretty obvious Compher went to the net hard with no care if he ran over the goalie.

I don't see this as nearly as obvious. If Nurse isn't on him/behind him the entire way in, then maybe you have a point. As it stands... it's conjecture at best.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I thought for sure the Avs would lose after blowing that 5 on 3 opportunity, but MacKinnon took over in the third and Makar and Zadorov did a phenomenal job of containing McDavid and Drai. Kind of a weird game all around
First period was entertaining back and forth. Rest of the game was pretty entertaining from an Avs perspective, but that had the potential to be an awesome run and gun game back and forth prior to the 5 minute major. Hard to know if the play in the 1st period would have continued, but it certainly seemed like the 5min major had a huge impact on the back and forth play we saw in the first. Edmonton just looked like they had the life sucked out of them after that, which is odd because you'd think a big 5 min and 2min 5 on 3 kill would give them momentum, but perhaps Larsson, Chiasson, and Russell missing for large parts of the game contributed to it.

It's too bad they don't play each other again this year (or at least I don't think they do) because they're fun games to watch.

Reactions: The Merchant

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Today I learned putting your arms up while a player runs you is 5 and a game.

Haha, this league is a joke.
- TJ Tynan is 5'8" and 165 lbs
- Adam Larsson is 6'3" and 209 lbs

You actually telling me that Tynan was going to run into Larsson for the hell of it? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Oilers should perform stand up Wednesday nights, we all know the team doesn't show up that day anyway...

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Nah, the key is - this site lives on a razor thin moral highgrounds. I don't actually give a **** if they say nice things or not, but I'm not denouncing others for being silent about it while I'm simultaneously silent about other "unclassy" things my fan-base does.

You have a pretty complex set of rules for what you do and don't denounce, and elucidate them for pretty vague reasons.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Nurse makes incidental contact with Grubauer, Avs fans lose their minds.

McDavid takes a stick upside the head, nope, nothing to see here.

- TJ Tynan is 5'8" and 165 lbs
- Adam Larsson is 6'3" and 209 lbs

You actually telling me that Tynan was going to run into Larsson for the hell of it? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Oilers should perform stand up Wednesday nights, we all know the team doesn't show up that day anyway...

Nah, I'm pretty content watching your routine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad