The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
if the Caps announcer has to take a shit tell him to go

Man keeps whining about how long it took to sort out the penalties

just STFU and do your job

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Leipsic Jumps. You can see it in the side shot video. If that is not charging then I don't know what is.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I could see the argument for the Wilson hit being a charge. But there is no way in hell that Leipsic hit was a charge. Het started skating from just below the hashmarks and not all the way across the ice.
I think the Leipsic hit was the worst, most dangerous one. I'd like to see a GIF of it on here because it looked horrible live, probably because it was clear he was taking a run at the Ducks' player. He had no interest in the puck that was pretty much in the crease.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I think the Leipsic hit was the worst, most dangerous one. I'd like to see a GIF of it on here because it looked horrible live, probably because it was clear he was taking a run at the Ducks' player. He had no interest in the puck that was pretty much in the crease.

Puck was no where near the crease. Closer to the trapezoid area. Very clearly being played by a Caps player. He was separating the player from the puck.

I know you don't see it a lot anymore, but it's a hit. They still can happen.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Now that's hilarious.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

About the 22 second mark.

He does not jump. At all.

Nah he didn't jump, and the puck was farther from the crease than I thought as well. He took more than enough strides for that to be charging though, I can't believe they didnt call that.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Not to mention that Gudbranson seems to wanna get the party started, but with the gloves drop he turns away and finds someone else to grab, while his teammates fight his battle.

What a *****.

If I was in charge, Gudbranson gets 2, and Hathaway gets 1. Plus fines.

I don't condone spitting but what a bitch play from Gudbranson.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Nah he didn't jump, and the puck was farther from the crease than I thought as well. He took more than enough strides for that to be charging though, I can't believe they didnt call that.

I even disagree with the strides, and the idea that it was a charge. But we can agree to disagree there.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Puck was no where near the crease. Closer to the trapezoid area. Very clearly being played by a Caps player. He was separating the player from the puck.

I know you don't see it a lot anymore, but it's a hit. They still can happen.
Yep, I amended the puck part of what I thought.

The pacific division is one of the only ones that still do hit, that's how I know what that Leipisic's was predatory as hell.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Sure...but that is not illegal. The ducks player had touched the puck and was fair game

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Sure...but that is not illegal. The ducks player had touched the puck and was fair game
I think it was clear charge, but the actual body contact was fine. My problem with that hit is it was predatory, and really dangerous. He caught a player with his head down and made a beeline. That type of shit is what should be out, not the body contact.

Puck Tiss

Nov 4, 2013
The point of a check is to separate the player from the puck....thats the point, you are not playing the puck. Watch soccer.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I don't condone spitting but what a ***** play from Gudbranson.

This is what pisses me off.... Everyone is going to jump on Hathaway for spitting, and yes, he should get a game or two or something...

But that p***y rabbit punch by Gudbransson while they are being held by a linesman, AND while Hathaway is still dealing with some other Ducks player at the same time... It's just some bantam league hockey shit from Gudbransson.

IF they didnt make this league into a bunch of p***yes, Gudbransson would actually have to answer for that... and while we are at it, the spitting is 100% not in the spirit of the game, and I hope Hathaway gets what's coming from the league, but the rabbit punch has the potential to cause far far far more damage, in a world where the league pretends to care about concussions.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Now that's hilarious.
I'm not asking to be condescending, but did/do you play sports competitively? There are guys who look for these types of situations, ones where a guy isn't paying attention and isn't ready, and that's when they make their physical move. It generally has nothing to do with the play or even helps his team, those guys just look for those opportunities. Those are dangerous players and dangerous plays, so yeah, I stand by that 100%.

Leipisic could have made a play on the puck that was right there and free, fairly close to the net, but he didnt.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The point of a check is to separate the player from the puck....thats the point, you are not playing the puck. Watch soccer.
The puck was already free, nobody had possession of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad