GDT: HFBoards GDT| 11/16/19 - 15 games today, some with early afternoon starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That rule needs to be changed in the rule book IMO.

As of right now technically the refs didn't do anything wrong since even on a "Serious injury" the refs dont have to blow the whistle, even though that's just about the first time I've ever seen the guy literally unable to get up from the ice and it still not be blown dead.

But, especially with the concerns over concussions right now in the league, they really need to update that rule so that taking a puck/shot to the head should automatically be a whistle. It's a simple little change that can make a world of a difference.

Reactions: MacBradley

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
What's with the pissing match of Makar and Hughes
do they even match up on the ice.

Makar had 4 assists
and hughes had 2 assists and 84% cf%

both dominated.

Insecure fans on both sides. I think they both have much more in them then what they showed tonight despite the stats.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Meh, Makar was good but he wasn't the main catalyst on any of the 4 goals he was on. The OT goal was a perfect example of this, Makar did basically nothing on that goal. I thought Hughes was more dynamic, created more in the offensive zone.
Did you miss the outlet pass to Kadri?

Reactions: DallasGaume

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
People are forgetting the linesman let the play go after Zadorov broke his ****ing jaw a couple games ago and now did that. What job security they have, must be ****ing nice.
Its happened to the canucks several times over the last couple years.Not anything to the face though.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Meh, Makar was good but he wasn't the main catalyst on any of the 4 goals he was on. The OT goal was a perfect example of this, Makar did basically nothing on that goal. I thought Hughes was more dynamic, created more in the offensive zone.

Meh, I disagree. Makar was better both defensively and offensively. They both played well though. To claim one obviously outplayed the other is what I'm taking issue with.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
For a league trying to stop head injuries, they let someone bleeding out their f***ing ears lay on the ice while play goes on? While Zadorov has a broken jaw? Should be a f***ing no brainer to stop the play there for god sakes. No other league would allow this shit.

Reactions: MacBradley

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Burns trips AA on a clear break. Gets a penalty. An Oiler barely slashed Kane last week and they give him a PS. No standards

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Burns trips AA on a clear break. Gets a penalty. An Oiler barely slashed Kane last week and they give him a PS. No standards
The sharks commentators were saying the sharks were lucky to get away with having to kill a penalty rather than having a penny shot awarded against them. Personally I’d rather have the PP than the penalty shot. Especially 4 on 3 in OT.

Numba9

Oct 3, 2011
New Westminster, BC
Meh, I disagree. Makar was better both defensively and offensively. They both played well though. To claim one obviously outplayed the other is what I'm taking issue with.
Oh i agree that neither one obviously outplayed the other, but Hughes was better imo, and stats back this up.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Wow Mackinnon is disgusted. Calvert’s his boy.
Calvert’s probably everyone’s boy in that room. Just a beautiful bastard who is team first in every aspect.

Love that Kassian rocks MacKinnon, and Calvert is there right away to drop the gloves. Two nights later Calvert gets sniped in the head and the game goes to OT, MacKinnon wins it immediately. Taking care of each other the best they can.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
The sharks commentators were saying the sharks were lucky to get away with having to kill a penalty rather than having a penny shot awarded against them. Personally I’d rather have the PP than the penalty shot. Especially 4 on 3 in OT.

I was thinking the same thing.

Going to the shootout - we will see if Jones can keep up his 1.000 save percentage in shootouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad