GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/12/2023 | 5 Games - The other guy is busy this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hard to believe a team can win with Quick and Gustafsson playing key roles.
Gustafsson is actually not bad. I think he's been underrated his whole career. For example, when he was on the Leafs, he wasn't being utilized at all. For some reason benched, or #6 rarely etc. even though he didn't deserve that all, and even though he played quite well when he actually got to play.

He just plays a bit different, I guess. But he is effective at what he does, when the coaching isn't holding him back. He scored 60 points in 18-19 for a reason. And his play with Caps was also not a fluke. Guy's a 50-60p defenseman and needs to be utilized as such.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Gustafsson is actually not bad. I think he's been underrated his whole career. For example, when he was on the Leafs, he wasn't being utilized at all. For some reason benched etc. even though he didn't deserve that all.

He just plays a bit different, I guess. But he is effective at what he does, when the coaching isn't holding him back.
He has always been a complete disaster defensively.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He has always been a complete disaster defensively.
He really has not.

Like I say, his play might be a bit unconventional, but he doesn't qualify as a defensive disaster. His performance metrics don't support this assessment from the seasons where he's actually been allowed to play,

I think this is an unfair branding that he has, and probably a part of the reason why he isn't put in positions to succeed. But you can see, with Caps, Blackhawks in 18-19, Rangers now, that when the coaching has faith in him, he performs well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wrong. He has been useful on the PP but very little else.
According to whom, you?

With the Caps, his 5on5 xGF% was 3rd-best on the entire team, the best out of all defensemen, not close. His 5on5 CF% was 2nd on the team. This is with 1026mins of ice time.

Like I say, unfair branding that has no basis in reality. If he performs poorly, it's because he's not being utilzed like a player of his caliber should, and you can refer to the Leafs to see how that goes.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
According to whom, you?

With the Caps, his 5on5 xGF% was 3rd-best on the entire team, the best out of all defensemen, not close. His CF% was 2nd on the team. This is with 1026mins of ice time.

Like I say, unfair branding that has no basis in reality.
He has played for 7 teams. He is either mediocre or a cancer.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Ducks could make the playoffs this year 2014-15 Flames style.

The division is junk and the conference wild card race could be another limper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad