GDT: HFBoards GDT | 11/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah bad calls happen from now and then in hockey and all sports. Can't let them get to you. Hopefully it's a learning experience.
Learning experience for who perhaps? The NHL refs because that absolutely are ones who value from that game. If I was Bednar I would write a letter to the NHL telling them to never employees these two idiots for one of their games again.

Flames aren't a good team, all the calls and bounces went their way while Avs sleepwalked the entire night.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Similar teams, but we have better top end talent/potential with better goaltending while Calgary has better D and forward depth.

So then how does that equate to the Flames being bottom tier? Take a break for the night.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The outlook of the game was you were getting outplayed and still had a lead because of awful goaltending. Then the avs allowed 5 unanswered in one period and you want to blame the refs? Kill the penalty and move on.
It's more than just 1 penalty. You're down to 5 Defenseman for the rest of the night as well. Ian Cole would've played tons of minutes in a 4-1 game now they're forced to play Barrie/Girard/Barberio more than they would've liked in their own zone.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Better team won tonight in Calgary. This was a poor showing by the Avs' top guys.

Still scared the crap out of me every time they touche the puck. I love watching Mac and Mikko

Some credit to the Backlund line though, underrated as shutdown guys imo

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
But you said the Flames were bottom feeders.

You say they’re similar teams, yet the Avs are more than just bottom feeders.
Bottom tier. Similar teams but I see Colorado more as a fringe middle pack team due to our goaltending and elite top end talent on the 1st line.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames aren't a good team, all the calls and bounces went their way while Avs sleepwalked the entire night.

Please.. The only reason the Avalanche were even in this game was 2 awful goals from Mike Smith. Rantanen-MacKinnon-Landeskog were totally shutdown by Backlund's line.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We've been on the wrong side of so many goal decisions this season, I can't even pretend to feel bad about that major going our way.

The Avs folding like a cheap deck chair in the third isn't the refs fault

Reactions: North Man

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
It's more than just 1 penalty. You're down to 5 Defenseman for the rest of the night as well. Ian Cole would've played tons of minutes in a 4-1 game now they're forced to play Barrie/Girard/Barberio more than they would've liked in their own zone.

I get that. Losing the momentum sucks but giving up 5 unanswered in a single period is not defendable. I don’t care what happened at that point. The refs didn’t lose the avs that game, the team who let themselves get walked all period to the tune of 5 goals did. I really like watching the Avs play. Real fun team but they didn’t have it tonight and varly looked rattled.

Reactions: Steven

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The Cole call was absolute bull****, but one call should not lead to blowing the game like this.

This damn well better be a wake up call for them, can't be having games like this against the bottom tier teams if we ever want to take the step forward.

Bottom tier? Flames have beaten 4 of the top 5 teams in the league standings (Colorado twice, haven't played the Bolts yet). Flames are anything but bottom tier. You just mad bro. Why you heft to be mad?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We've been on the wrong side of so many goal decisions this season, I can't even pretend to feel bad about that major going our way.

The Avs folding like a cheap deck chair in the third isn't the refs fault
That's because you lot got Tkachuk and drama will always follow around this type of junk player. Not only that, but Gaudreau is a known diver so your original sentence of "wrong side of so many goals" has zero empirical merit behind it.

Cole just got a 17 minute penalty for a clean hit.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Bottom tier? Flames have beaten 4 of the top 5 teams in the league standings (Colorado twice, haven't played the Bolts yet). Flames are anything but bottom tier. You just mad bro. Why you heft to be mad?

They haven't just beaten teams that are top 5 in the standings, they are a top 5 team in the standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad