GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Umm...he ended up winning the rocket?

and finished outside the top 10 in scoring.

all im saying is leaf fans need to chill. it's been 4 games and there are a ton of guys who have had crazy good starts. He's only 4th in ppg.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's too early. Never used to be done in the old days pre '90.

Why does that matter for anything ? Seriously i would be fine with pulling the goalie midgame in certain situations .

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
and finished outside the top 10 in scoring.

all im saying is leaf fans need to chill. it's been 4 games and there are a ton of guys who have had crazy good starts. He's only 4th in ppg.

Ovi didn't have 3 assists to go with those 7 goals though, so using basic math it seems like Matthews will likely win the Rocket with 143 Goals and he'll tie for the Art Ross (with Morgan Rielly) at 205 points. Not sure what the downside is here...

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Should Toronto just forgo the use of a goaltender and just play with the extra attacker for 60 minutes?

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Rielly is a monster 1D. 60+ point season incoming. Can't believe this guy has been in the league for 6 seasons and he's just turned 24.

10 points in 4 games...

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
It's too early. Never used to be done in the old days pre '90.

Yeah but they didn't use data and stats like they do now in sports. You're in dire straits as it is when down by 2 goals with 3 minutes to go. There's a good chance you're going to lose so you might as well throw the kitchen sink at that point.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure one game.. I'm talking about 81 goals each over their entire career(s) what does one game have to do with it?

I wasn't referring to that stat, but the fact Laine is getting different type of treatment from Winnipeg's coach compared to Matthews. And it's not just one game, Laine is rarely among the ice time leaders in his team.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I wasn't referring to that stat, but the fact Laine is getting different type of treatment from Winnipeg's coach compared to Matthews. And it's not just one game, Laine is rarely among the ice time leaders in his team.

Matthews was in that boat last season. Hes never played with the best winger on the team, and for the past two seasons got 2nd unit PP time. The speculation is he had to sit Babcock down over the summer and sort out some business about linemates and PP time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Matthews was in that boat last season. Hes never played with the best winger on the team, and for the past two seasons got 2nd unit PP time. The speculation is he had to sit Babcock down over the summer and sort out some business about linemates and PP time.

Yeah, I remember reading about it. I'm guessing Laine is too modest to bring it up. It's fairly apparent that they're wasting their best goal scorer with those linemates and the pp issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad