GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Leafs fans are going to get spoiled with this group and production.

Hahaha, I'll have such a big laugh at them. In 15 years.

:cry:

Great group to watch tho

Reactions: Nizdizzle

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Marner will be a really curious contract.

Honestly with the way their offense is playing maybe you DO look to trade Nylander for a D. But, who is offering something like that right now.

How do you not look to trade him? Problem is you have to find a team willing to pay him.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Let's put it this way, Laine's playing with much inferior linemates and under a much inferior coach that for example plays Laine at the blueline on powerplay.
So Winnipeg is a much better team, but Laine plays with much worse linemates?

Reactions: Kelly

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Holy crap you guys are so screwed if you think you're keeping everyone.

I guess it depends if they are true to their word and take a little less to make it all work. Either way, they can sign everyone if they let Gardiner walk. Then after next season they'll have 10M in cap with Marleau and Horton coming off plus the cap rising. Plus they can always trade Nylander if they had to.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dallas depends soooo much on that top line. They dominate, and then as soon as they come off, the rest of the team GETS dominated.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Will be fine...Gardiner and Hainsey will be jettisoned in the off-season and Marleau will have one year left at 6 million. The Leafs have loads of cap space coming

Tavares/Matthews/Marner mean that will never be true. This isn't five years in the future when the cap is whatever it is, this is NEXT season. I know Dubas is a genius but the numbers are the numbers.

All I can say is enjoy it while it is awesome.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Tavares/Matthews/Marner mean that will never be true. This isn't five years in the future when the cap is whatever it is, this is NEXT season. I know Dubas is a genius but the numbers are the numbers.

All I can say is enjoy it while it is awesome.

Right no one has suggested next year wont be tight. The point is after that they have a ton of cap room. And if Seatlle joins in a few years once the cap has gone up 4M it will jump another 5 like with Vegas. Suddenly they have these stars locked up for 3-4 years and 20M in cap space.

Their window is the next 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad