GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Tavares/Matthews/Marner mean that will never be true. This isn't five years in the future when the cap is whatever it is, this is NEXT season. I know Dubas is a genius but the numbers are the numbers.

All I can say is enjoy it while it is awesome.

Well Gardiner’s 5 mil and Hainsey’s 3 million is coming off the books so that’s 8 right there. Another 6 for Marleau next season. Next season the Leafs have 30 million in cap space so even if Matthews, Marner and Nylander take up a big chunk of that it’s managable because we have young guys coming in on ELC’s

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I could be wrong but was Heiskanen on for 5 goals tonight?

Just two i think . The one where he assisted and the ENG against . Most of the scoring was done against Lindell and Klingberg imho.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well Gardiner’s 5 mil and Hainsey’s 3 million is coming off the books so that’s 8 right there. Another 6 for Marleau next season. Next season the Leafs have 30 million in cap space so even if Matthews, Marner and Nylander take up a big chunk of that it’s managable because we have young guys coming in on ELC’s
You have $30-million atm. Assuming Nylander signs at $7.5m, you're left with $22.5m to sign Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Johansson (better hope those Leafs fans who were predicting 15-20 goals aren't right), Gardiner.

If Matthews scores 50 goals and Marner scores over 90 points it's going to be tough.

At a certain point, there should be a realistic effort to look at trading one of the kids (Nylander) for a defenseman.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
You have $30-million atm. Assuming Nylander signs at $7.5m, you're left with $22.5m to sign Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Johansson (better hope those Leafs fans who were predicting 15-20 goals aren't right), Gardiner.

If Matthews scores 50 goals and Marner scores over 90 points it's going to be tough.

At a certain point, there should be a realistic effort to look at trading one of the kids (Nylander) for a defenseman.

Let’s just see how it plays out. We tend to be overly dramatic on here.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Nylander is not getting 7.5 million if he was he’d be signed already. The Leafs are scoring for fun right now...he’s got zero leverage.

Willy ends up at 6.5
Marner at 9
Matthews at 11.

Gardiner can’t be retained which is fine by me, to inconsistent defensivly. The other two won’t get much at all unless they really break out.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Leafs will probably replace Gardiner with Dermott next year. the idea is to keep the top players and replace the secondary and depth guys when they get too expensive. not ship stars out to add depth. They will need to be good at drafting and developing players though

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Yeah, and then you will have to sign that defenseman...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's actually not. You're down 2 goals you have to pull the goalie in that situation. I'm sure they have statisticians or what not that say that's the right move.

The way the game went i was completely fine with the goalie pulled at that point. The team really needed to score goal around that time to give themselves a chance to tie it.

Reactions: bukwas

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
KCC said:
Only if their goaltenders stand on their heads especially Andersen. Toronto will give up 40+ shots tonight. I guarantee it. lol

Good to know your guarantee means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad