GDT: HFBoards GDT 10/31/2023 | Only Two Games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I don’t care what people say, Hockey is the worst officiated sport out of every major sport.

they invest absolute peanuts in officiating, just completely incompetent

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t care what people say, Hockey is the worst officiated sport out of every major sport.

In NHL you can end a players career and get no call, but if you touch someone's stick it's 4 minute lol

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
What I mean by that is really, thanks for being a Leaf fan who doesn't come here to insult poverty teams and has rational conversations. Still have a team with a lot of potential, the drastic move, imo, would be playing tighter defensively, but I'm not a coach.

Tighter defensively is definitely a must. Transition game is weak from the back end as well. I think they wanted Klingberg to be able to help with that but he absolutely crumbles in his own end.

Lack of depth up front is still a problem. Outside of their big 4 forwards they’re getting almost nothing. Time with lines 3 and 4 on the ice is basically just spent praying they don’t give up a goal against. No third line C is a significant issue.

But what really irks me is that they look lifeless. There’s hardly any energy. I thought Bertuzzi, Domi, Reaves would at least give them some fire, but so far I’m only seeing irresponsible play and selfish penalties. Early season thoughts, but unless they start adjusting quickly, I’m going to start worrying about even making the playoffs.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Quinn Hughes and Hronek allowed 2 ES goals in less than a minute I knew they were bums

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Basketball officiating is horrible, but that's automatic.
I take basketball, soccer, NFL...basically any other sports officiating over NHL. NHL officiating is so inconsistent that you don't know what is a penalty and what is not a penalty half the time and standards change every game. Plus the popular game management is like rolling the wheel to see where it ends up. Aside from that, the NHL always has that built in excuse of how the sport is so fast and how it's hard to make calls while having 2 refs and 2 linesman on a small ice.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Quinn Hughes and Hronek allowed 2 ES goals in less than a minute I knew they were bums
Just keep it here. No need to bump another thread.

I take basketball, soccer, NFL...basically any other sports officiating over NHL. NHL officiating is so inconsistent that you don't know what is a penalty and what is not a penalty half the time and standards change every game. Plus the popular game management is like rolling the wheel to see where it ends up. Aside from that, the NHL always has that built in excuse of how the sport is so fast and how it's hard to make calls while having 2 refs and 2 linesman on a small ice.
In basketball, they still call travelling from time to time. Imagine that. Laughable.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks scheduling has been weird too. 2 days off in between them back to back. What's up with the schedule?

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Or maybe the ref is too thin skinned to ref. Players will always argue calls so what's with the unsportsman like to give a 4 minute PP?
The ref was already making a call. Telling him to ride it to wherever is asking for a second. You live or die with that. Remember all of last year when the refs were throwing around game misconducts to mouthy players in the SCFs?

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA

Well, yeah, at least it is consistently bad. It's not like you have to say "That game was really well officiated" and then the next night you have to say "The officiating in that game really sucked". You know going into a game that the officiating is going to be terrible. The best that you can realistically hope for is that the officiating in any given game will be terrible for both teams more-or-less equally.

Reactions: egelband

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah but Miller does it all the time, just don't know why they call him on that now lol

Still the refs should have thicker skins then that imo.
Sure, they should. The same could be said of players and coaches. The extra call just happens and crying about it doesn't fix a bad call. I hate it when it happens as well.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Not to defend officials, but would the league be better if they made league minimum for a player? Asking because I've found my employees do better work when they are paid better.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The Nucks tie it up, and nothing? I'm beginning to question y'all's commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad