GDT: HFBoards GDT 10/31/2023 | Only Two Games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Not to defend officials, but would the league be better if they made league minimum for a player? Asking because I've found my employees do better work when they are paid better.

LOL, league minimum? We're lucky these cheap-ass owners aren't sending somebody to the Home Depot in the morning to pick up illegals standing around looking for work and then putting them into striped shirts.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
LOL, league minimum? We're lucky these cheap-ass owners aren't sending somebody to the Home Depot in the morning to pick up illegals standing around looking for work and then putting them into striped shirts.
Honestly, those immigrants are better, more skilled workers, than most gringos. But I work in an industry where we work.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Honestly, those immigrants are better, more skilled workers, than most gringos. But I work in an industry where we work.

Agree, they are generally good laborers and many are quite good tradesmen. I've had clients in the oil patch who loved them because, unlike most local roughnecks, they consistently worked hard, were rarely absent, and generally stayed off drugs and alcohol.

But I still don't think these owners have any particular desire to give the NHLOA a single dime more than they can negotiate.

I am skeptical that on-ice officiating can be significantly improved because of the speed of the game, but full-time real-time video officiating would do wonders, i.e., having a couple of video officials who have the ability to spot fouls and stop play, as well as more quickly correct bad calls. But that's money that I also don't expect the owners to invest anytime soon.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
WTF, surely I didn’t just hear Sportsnet call the Pacific the “toughest in the NHL”

Also, beating Calgary was a “turning point for Edmonton”

And Canucks are in “possibly the best position in the league”

That might have been the worst sequence of analysis I’ve ever heard.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Might go down as the most "wtf" calls of the season.
Absolutely hideous call and my fellow Canucks fans would be breathing fire about it if it went the other way. That's why I don't believe fans actually want consistent reffing...we just want reffing that is favourable to our favourite team. If we truly wanted consistent reffing the fans would be booing that crap.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Absolutely hideous call and my fellow Canucks fans would be breathing fire about it if it went the other way. That's why I don't believe fans actually want consistent reffing...we just want reffing that is favourable to our favourite team. If we truly wanted consistent reffing the fans would be booing that crap.
Uhhhh….. no? This is some odd logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad