GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
oilers look sluggish tonight. I mean they are playing alright defensively but their offense is nonexistent.

I wouldn't go that far.

They've hit the post twice and Anderson has had 4 saves he likely shouldn't have had.

The difference right now is Anderson.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I wouldn't go that far.

They've hit the post twice and Anderson has had 4 saves he likely shouldn't have had.

The difference right now is Anderson.

yeah sluggish is the wrong word but they seem off. 3rds coming they'll be ready

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dunno how I missed it earlier--and I need to find the video--but Hossa getting the ENG and pointing to the ref for the assist was hilarious :laugh:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Ottawa played a fantastic defensive game tonight. Very few chances for the Oilers and NO breakaways!

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Ottawa played a fantastic defensive game tonight. Very few chances for the Oilers and NO breakaways!

They are trapping. It is awful to watch. First the Canucks and now the Sens. It's like teams know they can't stop McDavid any other way.

Such boring Hockey.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
They are trapping. It is awful to watch. First the Canucks and now the Sens. It's like teams know they can't stop McDavid any other way.

Such boring Hockey.

I noticed that. back to back traps. its brutal but it works

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Well, at least the Oilers padded their Corsi in that loss so the "The Law of Averages Stats Fairy" will be happy.

Good game by the Sens.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Think the Senators had like two scoring chances, and they scored on one of them.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
As great as Anderson was tonight, Erik Karlsson was a defensive beast. Glad he's showing everyone up this year. I lost count of the defensive exits led by him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Not sure how the Red Wings go from winning 6 in a row to completely forgetting how to play.
Only Red Wings game I've seen but they did not look great against the Rangers. Howard stole that one because apparently he's just such a big NYR fan he turns into Hasek against us.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

Such boring Hockey.

Well then that's what teams have to do to stop top players. Same thing happened to Karlsson in the Rangers series. I'm sure it's the exact same discussion for any top elite player. Sometime it works, other times it doesn't. The trap works for McDavid, they would be a fool not to exploit it.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Props to the Oilers fans for cheering for Andy's first star.

Classy!

Anderson deserves some solace. He played well, and he is in a **** situation. I hope things work out well for him.

Hew shoulda saved his fury for Carolina though. :laugh:

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Such boring Hockey.

As a Sens fan i don't give a **** what style they play as long as they keep adding the 2pts im fine with it. Unfortunately we can't all have 1st overall draft picks to play pond hockey. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad