GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/2/19 | We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
McDavid really does not look 100% and he still goes out and scores a goal like that. Beautiful

Hughes and Tanev just stood there tho lol

Reactions: Devonator

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Leafs just dominated Ottawa, the score looks it wasn't
They literally have a worse roster than the one noted idiot savant minus the savant part Tim Murray assembled in an attempt to lose as many games as possible. The Marlies probably would crush them too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Neither can fill Miller’s versatility Imho. He can play in all situations, underrated shot. But you’ll score a ton, especially w a full lineup, the additions of Zykov and Glass.
Uhhhh. You might be overrating Miller a bit. I'm not even saying this as a "not on our team, not gonna pump his tires anymore" type thing. I complained about Miller all last season. He's a good point rover and has a good shot from the point but past that he's average to below average. His passing is too inconsistent, he struggles to hold pucks at the line, defensively inconsistent due to a general lack of awareness at times...he had a skill set that made him look better than he was but extended analysis shows a guy that really hasn't met his potential with fractures in his game.

Reactions: egelband

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
I think the officals should reveiw a call when ever they want, and it would be a coaches challenge if they dont want to?

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Been awhile since a Vancouver - Edmonton game could be classified as exciting, but you know what?
This one is.

Looking for some good things from both teams this season.
Competing for playoff spots at the very least...actually getting in at best.

Both fanbases should be excited.

Reactions: Mez

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Uhhhh. You might be overrating Miller a bit. I'm not even saying this as a "not on our team, not gonna pump his tires anymore" type thing. I complained about Miller all last season. He's a good point rover and has a good shot from the point but past that he's average to below average. His passing is too inconsistent, he struggles to hold pucks at the line, defensively inconsistent due to a general lack of awareness at times...he had a skill set that made him look better than he was but extended analysis shows a guy that really hasn't met his potential with fractures in his game.

You’ve seen him more than I, obviously. From what I saw, he had an active pokecheck, positionally sound, good mobility and shot. Useful and better than Holden or Merril. He was your 3rd best all-around Dman behind Schmidt and Theodore. McNabb more of a stay-at-home.

I think he is better cast as a 4-5 d man, he was overused, which magnified his shortcomings. Certainly better than Holden.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They literally have a worse roster than the one noted idiot savant minus the savant part Tim Murray assembled in an attempt to lose as many games as possible. The Marlies probably would crush them too.

I mean if not for Chabot and Tkachuk yeah probaly

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You’ve seen him more than I, obviously. From what I saw, he had an active pokecheck, positionally sound, good mobility and shot. Useful and better than Holden or Merril. He was your 3rd best all-around Dman behind Schmidt and Theodore. McNabb more of a stay-at-home.

I think he is better cast a 4-5 d man, he was overused, which magnified his shortcomings. Certainly better than Holden.
Merrill surpassed him last year in the second half. Before that Merrill was an abject disaster, I'll admit but he became a steady presence in the defensive zone. A kind of presence that had faded out of Miller's game in Vegas' sophomore year. I seriously disagree with your assessment. Like, I hope he does better with Buffalo but his constant mistakes at both ends was really hurting the team after a while. There's a reason Vegas moved him. Obviously cap was a consideration but the team had to decide who was expendable, and Vegas decided he was.

I'll put it this way: 164+ games watching him with Vegas, I don't miss him now that he's gone and was vocal that he should be one of our cap casualties. You can ask anyone on the Vegas board.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad