GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/2/19 | We're Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
VGK and SJ has quickly become the best rivalry in hockey.

I mean QUICKLY. I used to go crazy about how little people respect the Blues Blackhawks rivalry but I recently ran into a group of Hawks fans that were like “have you seen these Vegas-SJ games? What a bunch of barbarians”. Couldn’t agree more.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I know there's a fair amount of luck involved, but it's amazing to see that the expansion draft line of Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith has been so successful since about day 1. They have such an impressive combination of skill and chemistry.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
McDavid really does not look 100% and he still goes out and scores a goal like that. Beautiful

Hughes and Tanev just stood there tho lol

Only played 2 preseason games and looks like he’s still trying to gain his footing. He’s fine and will get back into the swing soon enough. Keep in mind as well he’s not with drai either. Chemistry is a huge thing.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Merrill surpassed him last year in the second half. Before that Merrill was an abject disaster, I'll admit but he became a steady presence in the defensive zone. A kind of presence that had faded out of Miller's game in Vegas' sophomore year. I seriously disagree with your assessment. Like, I hope he does better with Buffalo but his constant mistakes at both ends was really hurting the team after a while. There's a reason Vegas moved him. Obviously cap was a consideration but the team had to decide who was expendable, and Vegas decided he was.

I'll put it this way: 164+ games watching him with Vegas, I don't miss him now that he's gone and was vocal that he should be one of our cap casualties. You can ask anyone on the Vegas board.

I liked Miller, again, I think he was overused. Victim of the cap. Come playoffs, think you guys need one more defender.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I know there's a fair amount of luck involved, but it's amazing to see that the expansion draft line of Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith has been so successful since about day 1. They have such an impressive combination of skill and chemistry.

They are legit good players...all three of them.

They were just stuck behind other players on each of their former teams in the depth charts.
Speaks to the amount of talent available in the NHL these days that even "cast offs" will thrive when given top minutes and put into situations to be successful.

Granted, the Vegas draft, just like the Seattle one will be, was MUCH more friendly to them than past expansion teams, but still, those three guys are just good players, period.
And Vegas has several others too that many people underrate.

Reactions: duxfan1101

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
They are legit good players...all three of them.

They were just stuck behind other players on each of their former teams in the depth charts.
Speaks to the amount of talent available in the NHL these days that even "cast offs" will thrive when given top minutes and put into situations to be successful.

Granted, the Vegas draft, just like the Seattle one will be, was MUCH more friendly to them than past expansion teams, but still, those three guys are just good players, period.
And Vegas has several others too that many people underrate.
I agree March and Smith were very good players before joining Vegas (although Smith was a bit inconsistent year to year), but Karlsson, while he definitely had potential, had shown very little before the expansion draft. He's become a damn wizard since joining Vegas. Amazing what they've done so far.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I liked Miller, again, I think he was overused. Victim of the cap. Come playoffs, think you guys need one more defender.
I'm not sure about that. Hague is already showing proficiency at using his big body and long reach to suffocate attacking forwards. With NHL level development, I think we'll be fine. People are sleeping on him. I mean, if the right trade his there, I'd love to add someone better than Holden, but Vegas' defensive strength has always come from defense by committee. Apart from the game 7 five minute meltdown, it's served them pretty well.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Vegas’ transition game is ridiculous. San Jose cant keep up.

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
such bs by the nbc crew, lol they did not see each other, he crooschecked him in the face!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad