GDT: HFBoards GDT 10/17/19 - For once i have good games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What, go after a guy after he two handed his team mate? He didn't instigate anything, Helm did by 2 handing Lindholm in the back of the leg.
Jumping a guy after a dirty play, is still an instigator.

Always has been, always will be.

Glad to see Lucic is being the nuclear deterrent.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What you think of the d-bag move by lindholm?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

He's lucky he only got slashed on the leg, shoulda went for his hands.

I don't think it was anywhere near a d-bag move as Helm.

And Steve Moore was lucky he just got a broken neck.

Cheap shot retaliation is about a dumb and pathetic move as there is out there. If Helm is mad then he can challenge him to a fight a slash to the back of the legs when the guys not looking is as p***y as move as there is.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

Cheap shot retaliation is about a dumb and pathetic move as there is out there. If Helm is mad then he can challenge him to a fight a slash to the back of the legs when the guys not looking is as ***** as move as there is.
Very comparable, good work Baxter.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Cheap shot retaliation is about a dumb and pathetic move as there is out there. If Helm is mad then he can challenge him to a fight a slash to the back of the legs when the guys not looking is as ***** as move as there is.
Did you just compare a slash to the legs to the steve moore incident?

I think id rather get slashed in the legs than get a concussion from someone throwing an elbow away from the play.

Matt Cooke on Marc Savard - Think he would of rather been slashed on the legs?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lol. You guys on both sides here. When the emotional bond to team or player clouds your logical judgement.

They were both dirty, dick and cowardly moves. Both the elbow and the slash.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
For sure, teach those Oiler fans how to be as classy as Flames fans reid.

I know, can I guess how many posts will be demanding injury on every flame player the second the first hit your fanbase doesn’t like is thrown on one of your players?

Stay classy. I don’t see flames fans demanding for mcdavid’s career to be ended every BOA.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Did you just compare a slash to the legs to the steve moore incident?

I think id rather get slashed in the legs than get a concussion from someone throwing an elbow away from the play.

Matt Cooke on Marc Savard - Think he would of rather been slashed on the legs?

No I compared the thinking of 'play stupid games get stupid prizes' to justify a clear cut cheap shot to the kind of thinking that lead to Bertuzzi breaking a guys neck. It is that kind of dumb fake macho thinking that gets guys seriously injured.

Matt Cooke on Marc Savard I think he would have preferred to have neither done to him. It isn't like the only option after getting hit is to retaliate with a cheap shot.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No I compared the thinking of 'play stupid games get stupid prizes' to justify a clear cut cheap shot to the kind of thinking that lead to Bertuzzi breaking a guys neck. It is that kind of dumb fake macho thinking that gets guys seriously injured.

Matt Cooke on Marc Savard I think he would have preferred to have neither done to him. It isn't like the only option after getting hit is to retaliate with a cheap shot.
Maybe Lindholm shouldn't be throwing elbows away from the play, a slash in the legs is hardly anything. Could of just caught him with an elbow at a later time.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
seriously? You're going to defend Lindholm for that? It was vicious and intentional. Should be suspendable. So should Helm's. Both are intent to injure. No need for either of those in the NHL. The league needs to crack down on obvious "intent to injure" shots regardless of they do injure the opposing player or not.

Lindholm got a piece of Helm's shoulder as he went by. Didn't look to me like he got the head at all even with Helm's theatrics. Still a dumb play but that two hander by Helm is absolute garbage and a great way to break a guy's leg.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lindholm got a piece of Helm's shoulder as he went by. Didn't look to me like he got the head at all even with Helm's theatrics. Still a dumb play but that two hander by Helm is absolute garbage and a great way to break a guy's leg.
And a headshot is a great way to scramble someone's brains.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
And that only shows the second elbow.
True. Sorry, it was the best I could find. It would be an interesting scenario in this case. In theory, the rule states that if there is an injury to the head or face it is a match penalty. If there were two elbows to the face you could argue that the spotter would have to take concussion protocol for the instance since you could think it's possible. At what point would that be considered an injury? Also both these plays were not part of the play which leads to think think that both could be considered injuries since both had an intent to injure.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I know, can I guess how many posts will be demanding injury on every flame player the second the first hit your fanbase doesn’t like is thrown on one of your players?

Stay classy. I don’t see flames fans demanding for mcdavid’s career to be ended every BOA.
Lmao half the time your posts make zero sense super.

Are there Oiler fans that are demanding that Flames players careers end due to injury?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lmao half the time your posts make zero sense super.

Are there Oiler fans that are demanding that Flames players careers end due to injury?

I’ll be sure to note this when the next BOA occurs and see how long it takes. It’s absolutely a thing certain fans on your board do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad