GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Honestly, people took pot shots with the Jets early last year too.

I still think they are the most well balanced Canadian teams and one of the top contenders in the league.

One game obviously doesn’t change that.

Reactions: Coffey

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Housley needs to go Sabres have no idea what they are doing half the time and have no energy...goalies are the main reason for the 3-2 start. The team can't get any pressure 5v5.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I feel bad for Detroit and Vancouver fans that think last place should be easy sailing this season. Unless Buffalo fires Housley and finds an NHL caliber coach to replace him with I can guarantee you Buffalo will be finishing in prime lottery territory again.

Reactions: sabremike

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
How can you watch this game and pick out Mittelstadt as unimpressive. How about 4th season Jack Eichel or Sam Reinhart? Rasmus Ristolainen? Jake McCabe? They're all playing like trash and for the most part have for 6 games. Buffalo's entire system is terrible and it's an incredibly hard task to look impressive.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And yet he was probably our best defensemen tonight. So where's the problem?
That's a bad sign then. He played Karlsson way too soft on that third goal. But I don't know. I've felt like Risto has been better.

Not saying it's a problem necessarily. Just making an observation on where he's at so far. He's had a few weak moments. The disallowed Theodore goal comes to mind as well.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
That's a bad sign then. He played Karlsson way too soft on that third goal. But I don't know. I've felt like Risto has been better.
I can't take anyone serious if they have ever watched a Buffalo game in the last two seasons and felt Ristolainen played well. He's not even Dion Phaneuf caliber at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad