GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/14/2023 - 14 Games | The Stanley Cup of GDTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I still have no doubts about Edmonton, not the start they wanted but the team will still do well down the stretch. This isn’t the Oilers we will see all season
Fully agree. They have some moves to make to fill a hole or two as the season goes on, but it's definitely just a slow start and nothing to be concerned about at the moment. Though of course HFOil is gonna be in complete meltdown mode already. Can always count on the board to be in mid season form even when the team isn't, haha.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Fully agree. They have some moves to make to fill a hole or two as the season goes on, but it's definitely just a slow start and nothing to be concerned about at the moment. Though of course HFOil is gonna be in complete meltdown mode already. Can always count on the board to be in mid season form even when the team isn't, haha.

This is pure confidence building for a Canucks team that has gone through some mental challenges and just going through the motions of the regular season for Edmonton.

Reactions: GOilers88

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Feel for the Shark's... led for that long and lost. Feel for Blackwood too... had the game of his life.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Agree, but at the same time I couldn't understand the optimism that the Oilers' goaltending would somehow miraculously get better.
I do think Skinner will find the zone. I think he's a good goalie with good potential, and he showed it well last year, sans playoffs where I think he was burnt out.

But you never know. I could be totally wrong and he shits the bed hard.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I do think Skinner will find the zone. I think he's a good goalie with good potential, and he showed it well last year, sans playoffs where I think he was burnt out.

But you never know. I could be totally wrong and he shits the bed hard.
Skinner reminds me a lot of Demko… someone needs to pull their head out of there ass and fire Schwartz

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This is pure confidence building for a Canucks team that has gone through some mental challenges and just going through the motions of the regular season for Edmonton.
Firmly believe covid derailed the Canucks harder than most teams the last few years. Nothing to base it on, but I always thought they were better than they showed in recent years.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Firmly believe covid derailed the Canucks harder than most teams the last few years. Nothing to base it on, but I always thought they were better than they showed in recent years.
Benning did a real number on them

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Canucks looked good in both games and always give the oilers a good run for their money. We have a lot of season starts against them where they outplay us but we get the W late in the game so both well deserved wins by them this year.

They did a really good job at clogging up the middle and getting in front of shots. Going back to last season, a lot of teams had success getting into shooting lanes and clogging up the middle against the oilers so I hope woodcroft figures that out. Goaltending for the Canucks was fantastic while the oilers duo gave up a goal every 4 shots. Can't win games that way and gotta figure out a way to capitalize and make a big save every now and then.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I have my moments, but it's usually reserved for my own kin these days it seems.
Think that goes for everyone here, some are just able to come back and joke after. For me, my drinks usually just get a little stronger

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Except he’s kind of been invisible so far. That said, streaky as they come so I expect some cold with hot.

Oh he's very streaky. When he's not creating offense, he looks invisible; he's still doing little things that lead to success. He'll start scoring for a few weeks. Then go back to status quo, which is why he'll never be more than a 3rd liner.

Does Tocchet like him? He seems like a Tocchet kind of player.

Reactions: SiZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad