GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/12/19 - I have all the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We’ve chatted about him over the last couple years I remember.

I always liked his game during his Winterhawks career, I thought he needed to add a bit of size and strength but his elite hockey sense and playmaking have always been strengths.

Given his obvious playmaking abilities I would think having a triggerman like Patches would be an obvious matchup. Having him on the wing somewhat negates that ability.
Yes, and it turns out you had a better call on how this year would start than me. I was more of a pessimist and thought he wouldn't make it right out of camp but he really forced Gallant to give him a spot...but the thing is he almost didn't make it. He was the "extra skater" going into the regular season then Tuch and Eakin got injured. Glass has used the regular season to really show his stuff, Gallant has said it's really hard to keep him out of the line up.

But there in lies the rock in a hard place situation. If Eakin's return immediately signaled the end to Glass' time on the second line, he's not going back if everyone is healthy. Fine. At least let Cody center the third line. No, can't have Eakin attempt to play wing cause...I guess...he's paid his dues?

So Gallant recognizes Glass is too good to send down, but he won't let him develop in his native position or continue playing with two excellent players that he demonstrated great chemistry with. In my eyes, this is just about the worst case scenario for Glass' development outside of playing wing on the fourth line. The AHL would be lighter competition but at least first line minutes in his native position would be preferable to the shit he's stuck with now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad