GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/12/19 - I have all the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yes, and it turns out you had a better call on how this year would start than me. I was more of a pessimist and thought he wouldn't make it right out of camp but he really forced Gallant to give him a spot...but the thing is he almost didn't make it. He was the "extra skater" going into the regular season then Tuch and Eakin got injured. Glass has used the regular season to really show his stuff, Gallant has said it's really hard to keep him out of the line up.

But there in lies the rock in a hard place situation. If Eakin's return immediately signaled the end to Glass' time on the second line, he's not going back if everyone is healthy. Fine. At least let Cody center the third line. No, can't have Eakin attempt to play wing cause...I guess...he's paid his dues?

So Gallant recognizes Glass is too good to send down, but he won't let him develop in his native position or continue playing with two excellent players that he demonstrated great chemistry with. In my eyes, this is just about the worst case scenario for Glass' development outside of playing wing on the fourth line. The AHL would be lighter competition but at least first line minutes in his native position would be preferable to the **** he's stuck with now.

That sucks, but it’s still early. I would hope the long term plan is to have him at centre if I were a VGK fan. I mean, you know your team better than I do but who does Vegas have with more natural playmaking skills than Glass?

Glass has never been an along the boards mucker. He’s better in the middle away from the rough board play and corner grinding (similar logic to why EP is better at centre). Wing makes no sense for him, he’s not really a sniper either so I’m kind of confused but Gallant is a good coach.

The kids best asset has always been his vision and passing, he’s always had elite hockey IQ. His skillset is best served as a centre.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Only Edmonton and Avs fans can thump their chest and say they're going 82-0

:naughty:

It’s all because HFAvs and HFOilers came together in glorious fashion when they curb stomped the Lames in the playoffs last year.

Our boards and some hilarious moments during that series.

In all seriousness, the Avs got a great team I’m happy for them. So much fun to watch.

Reactions: BrickNHL

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That sucks, but it’s still early. I would hope the long term plan is to have him at centre if I were a VGK fan. I mean, you know your team better than I do but who does Vegas have with more natural playmaking skills than Glass?

Glass has never been an along the boards mucker. He’s better in the middle away from the rough board play and corner grinding (similar logic to why EP is better at centre). Wing makes no sense for him, he’s not really a sniper either so I’m kind of confused but Gallant is a good coach.

The kids best asset has always been his vision and passing, he’s always had elite hockey IQ. His skillset is best served as a centre.
Lol. Glass is already the best passer on the team and Marchesseault/Stone are pretty fantastic at it.

I agree with you. He shouldn't be on the wing. They're gonna keep him in because the team would be worse without him, but they won't do what's best for his development because of a pointless sense of loyalty to the veterans.

Really didn't help that Stastny and Stone both scored tonight and that Glass scored off of that line. Just gonna help Gallant think "ah, see? The move worked." short term benefits at the expense of maximizing Cody's long term potential. I legitimately could barely enjoy this win over this. Two years watching this team, I think I've got Gallant figured. Nothing will change about Cody's position until an injury happens or the team loses a good stretch of games. Cody is too good to not be here, but not McDavid enough to force anyone to the wing. I'm just going to mentally prepare myself for the years to come of NHL winger Cody Glass. I don't see things changing.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
0kt3bE3.gif
He left his feet too. This is gonna be multiple games.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Markstrom is so damn good, Canucks without markstrom would be hilarious

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Baffling...Lucic with 4:17 PP TOI. More than Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk or Lindholm.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That one was on the Rangers' coach. He tried the classic "our top line is just as good as McDavid-Draisaitl" so we'll hard match them tactic. Zibanejad's line, who was red hot entering the game, created nothing outside of the one PP, went -3 each, and McDavid and Draisaitl still combined for 3 goals and 5 points.

Puts me in mind of the time Laviolette was coaching the Flyers and called Giroux "the best player in the world". While playing against the Pens no less.

joez86

Jan 20, 2006
Puts me in mind of the time Laviolette was coaching the Flyers and called Giroux "the best player in the world". While playing against the Pens no less.
Giroux dominated that series, it was very much a comment meant to describe a brief period in time where Giroux was playing better than the best player in the world... That first shift was/is pretty legendary, despite the failure against the Devils later in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad