GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No you really don't. It just means you consistently make the same call the majority of the time. 100% isn't consistency, that would be perfection.
Do you really think there shouldn't be perfection on video replay? You also referenced 4 or 5 plays that they got right to the 1 they got wrong which is only 80-83% efficiency at best. That's not consistency. I'm sure they've messed up other offside reviews as well over the past 2 seasons under this same criteria.

Btw I'm not arguing that the goal tonight shouldn't have been called off. If that's the standard they want to go by (even if I think its bad for the game) then so be it, but they damn well better get it right 100% of the time then

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Do you really think there shouldn't be perfection on video replay? You also referenced 4 or 5 plays that they got right to the 1 they got wrong which is only 80-83% efficiency at best. That's not consistency. I'm sure they've messed up other offside reviews as well over the past 2 seasons under this same criteria.
Even with the best technology you are going to have wrong reviews, the NFL and NCAA have had it for a very long time and still don't get it right. As long as humans are involved it is never going to be 100% right.

That doesn't change the fact that the rule is if the skate is off it's offsides. It's dumb and stupid but that is the rule and in this case they actually got the call right.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Even with the best technology you are going to have wrong reviews, the NFL and NCAA have had it for a very long time and still don't get it right. As long as humans are involved it is never going to be 100% right.

That doesn't change the fact that the rule is if the skate is off it's offsides. It's dumb and stupid but that is the rule and in this case they actually got the call right.
But there was no reason for error in the play I'm speaking of. What possible explanation is there for human error on that play? Did their screens break? Did they drop their glasses? Its as obvious as any of the call they're getting correct. There should never be human error when you can freeze frame the moment the puck crosses the line. Human error in real time is acceptable, its not on an offside review when you have freeze frame and the appropriate camera angles were available.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
But there was no reason for error in the play I'm speaking of. What possible explanation is there for human error on that play? Did their screens break? Did they drop their glasses? Its as obvious as any of the call they're getting correct. There should never be human error when you can freeze frame the moment the puck crosses the line. Human error in real time is acceptable, its not on an offside review when you have freeze frame and the appropriate camera angles were available.
I don't know, I wasn't the people involved, you would need to get the explanation from them as to what they saw to decide it was ok.

All I know is the last 4 or 5 times I've seen it challenged the call has been exactly the same, all of which were after the video you posted.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know, I wasn't the people involved, you would need to get the explanation from them as to what they saw to decide it was ok.

All I know is the last 4 or 5 times I've seen it challenged the call has been exactly the same, all of which were after the video you posted.
So again, you're using 4 or 5 good examples vs 1 bad example to claim they're consistent. That's not consistency. The league has screwed up a ton on the coaches challenge largely with goalie interference, but also with offsides. That's not consistency, and its one of the biggest issues in the league. Officiating and coaches challenges are not consistent.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So again, you're using 4 or 5 good examples vs 1 bad example to claim they're consistent. That's not consistency. The league has screwed up a ton on the coaches challenge largely with goalie interference, but also with offsides. That's not consistency, and its one of the biggest issues in the league. Officiating and coaches challenges are not consistent.

I'm using 4 or 5 since the one you posted. Maybe all the Refs didn't understand at the time, maybe they didn't have as many camera angles they have now. All I can say is that since the SCF it has been consistent in every game I've seen it reviewed.

They got the call right whether you like it or not.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm using 4 or 5 since the one you posted. Maybe all the Refs didn't understand at the time, maybe they didn't have as many camera angles they have now. All I can say is that since the SCF it has been consistent in every game I've seen it reviewed.

They got the call right whether you like it or not.
Which isn't much of a sample at all and really sounds like a lot of hypotheticals to explain the review process not being up to the standards it should be.

As to the bolded, I really have no idea what that has to do with any of my posts. I never said they got the call wrong tonight. I said they got the call wrong in that previous example if skate off the ice is their standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad