GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/9/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McDavid needs to stop passing. If he activated his shot he could be better than he already is. Or the Oilers need to find him someone who can finish those passes he was putting straight into the crease.
Oilers like to pass the puck in the net.. we are shitty that way

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
McDavid needs to stop passing. If he activated his shot he could be better than he already is. Or the Oilers need to find him someone who can finish those passes he was putting straight into the crease. He was wiring them straight through the Preds - someone has to get a stick on that.

Maroon's hands evaporated over the summer. He was tapping those gimmies in all last season.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
gotta love how they take back the Oilers goal because Kharia's toe might have been 1 mm off the ice but they gave this to Nashville last year vs Edmonton

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
gotta love how they take back the Oilers goal because Kharia's toe might have been 1 mm off the ice but they gave this to Nashville last year vs Edmonton

This call being onside still makes absolutely no sense lol. The NHL's inconsistency is truly a spectacle to behold.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Love it when a player who is "offside" decides the fate of the game even though his skate being a cm above the ice had no impact what so ever on the play. I thought the NHL was trying to find ways to increase scoring. They make the game harder to understand, less exciting and less marketable.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
You won't find a single post from me about the merits of a call/non-call. Ever. I do engage in posts in response to folks who do though.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Love it when a player who is "offside" decides the fate of the game even though his skate being a cm above the ice had no impact what so ever on the play. I thought the NHL was trying to find ways to increase scoring. They make the game harder to understand, less exciting and less marketable.

Why can't players just keep their back f***ing skate on the ice? They know the rule.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You won't find a single post from me about the merits of a call/non-call. Ever. I do engage in posts in response to folks who do though.
Well to claim Pekka was the difference would be incorrect as well.. Oilers shots were straight forward saves..

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I've seen the same call made since ours in playoffs 4 or 5 times. One time doesn't mean they have been fairly consistent with the call.
Sure it does. Consistency would be having the same standard on every play, especially with video replay. Consistency is a little more lenient in real time, but on video replay to be consistent you should be right 100% of the time.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sure it does. Consistency would be having the same standard on every play, especially with video replay. Consistency is a little more lenient in real time, but on video replay to be consistent you should be right 100% of the time.
No you really don't. It just means you consistently make the same call the majority of the time. 100% isn't consistency, that would be perfection.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Lol yeah you're right that McDavid breakaway was a routine save

Then Rinne really screwed up that second "routine save."

top-gun-volleyball-o1_zps953f2f90.gif

Thanks for the set-up, Goose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events