GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/7/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
If the league doesn’t have another angle that’s a trash call. You can’t see the puck

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't like that it's being used for fraction of an inch type shit like this but hey. It is what it is.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
It's not like it's an isolated village in the middle of nowhere. It's more like a suburb of a town, or a neighborhood. Where Lindholm and Arvidsson come from has a population of about 50,000.
Oh. Tronna intermission guys were sayin they came from a little place

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
....it was offside though, doesn't matter if it's an inch or three feet.

Im fine with the offside rule because it's black and white, the goalie interference shit is garbage though.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I wish they would change it to a non-reviewable "close enough" rule, where they only call blatant offsides. Too many good goals called off due to this stuff.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Oh. Tronna intermission guys apwere sayin they came from a little place
If you only take the population of that one locality it's 500 people. But that's like saying someone from Paramount, California comes from a town of however big Paramount is right now, ignoring that it's part of Los Angeles.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I wish they would change it to a non-reviewable "close enough" rule, where they only call blatant offsides. Too many good goals called off due to this stuff.

It's a pretty easy change to make. Linesmen get 2 looks at the replay at full speed. If they can't 100% tell it's offside based on those 2 replays, the call on the ice stands.

If, in 3 looks at the play (live, plus 2 replays) you can't be 100% sure it's offside, than it's too close to have a real bearing on how players reacted and thus the goal should count.

That lets you overturn the absurd mistakes but prevents the millimeter plays that absolutely everyone hates.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
If you only take the population of that one locality it's 500 people. But that's like saying someone from Paramount, California comes from a town of however big Paramount is right now, ignoring that it's part of Los Angeles.
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense! Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: Hennessy

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
This logic is stupid. "I'm fine with the death penalty for speeding, because 56 is more than 55."

Objective =/= good.

What does the NHL know about logic?

The same league which puts goalies' safety at risk in order to increase scoring also gives coaches multiple tools to decrease it at the same time.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
This logic is stupid. "I'm fine with the death penalty for speeding, because 56 is more than 55."

Objective =/= good.

Not as stupid as your comparable :laugh:

Where do you draw the line?

You don't, it's a black and white call, keep it simple, or don't have reviewable calls... Which in this day and age, is stupid.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
There should be a time threshold between the missed offside call and the goal which negates an overturn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad