GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/4/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Letestu stood in the same spot on a 4 on 3 for 2 full minutes and managed to accomplish nothing whenever the puck happened to come to him. It may as well be 3 on 3.
On a 4 on 3 id just gice mcdavid the puck and let him come in full speed, there wasnt very much movement at all from edmonton they seemed content trying to set drai up for the 1 timer.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers prob should have ended it in ot, mcdavid almost got it under crossbar, and drai had 2 or 3 really good looks.

Our special teams are so frustrating, even for a passionate fan base a lot of us are just fed up and getting checked out. We really thought a corner was turned but it's still pathetic.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Our special teams are so frustrating, even for a passionate fan base a lot of us are just fed up and getting checked out. We really thought a corner was turned but it's still pathetic.
I kinda got that vibe in the 1st when the crowd gave a bronx cheer after they killed a penalty :p

Reactions: snipes

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
My god the Oilers are playing some terrible hockey
Outshoot opponent 13-2
4 power plays
2x 4 on 3
Let another goal in on the PK...
This team is a steamy pile

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If you didn't watch the Blues vs knights game tonight then you're doin it wrong. Most entertaining 2-1 game I've seen in a long time.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just looking at the stats on ice and off ice the Kings without Drew Doughty are a laughable squad. No one should even blink at this team if they can't make a big D-man addition.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
yeah the more i watch this the more shocked i am he was chucked

you have to be responsible for yourself making that pass at the blue line and it looks more and more like a case of "big truck vs little truck" every time i watch it

not to mention somehow the back ref made that call..

completely agree with you. even during the game the announcers said "looks like risto is getting 2 mins for interference, even at that it's a close call to make" (pretty much saying the call was BS) then during the commercial break risto was ejected.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I kinda got that vibe in the 1st when the crowd gave a bronx cheer after they killed a penalty :p

It's the worst home PK percentage in NHL history, by 11%. It's abysmal, no words to describe it.

It's at 55 percent at home next worst in NHL history was 66 percent.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I feel dirty being happy for an Oilers win.

Couldn't you do it in regulation though? Freakin' losers. Even when they're helping my team out they can't do it right :P

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
My god the Oilers are playing some terrible hockey
Outshoot opponent 13-2
4 power plays
2x 4 on 3
Let another goal in on the PK...
This team is a steamy pile

If the entire game was played 5on5 the Oilers would well above average (dominating many more games) but alas they must have PPs and PKs.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Showtime showtime showtime LOL. Is he even in the top 50 this year?
Well, he is top 100 all time so he has that going for him.

I mean, Cups do that and all. At least one first overall pick can translate such lofty status into success, am I right? Crosby, Kane...hey, that's two at least....#itsastart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad