GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/24/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
just got to a pc. let me guess, it's a bit chippy between the "bob hartley" remnants and the bullies right? i will not be surprised if there's a line brawl tonight considering Kings are desperate (esp if the score gets lopsided)
Quiet night so far.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It is funny to see the fans of the team that contributes the most by far to the NHL, in terms of dollars and media, complain that the NHL is working against them.

the nhl is ballsy but they know that canadian hockey fans can still be taken for granted for a while longer.

with all of your usual anti-maple leaf blather i give you kudos for at least admitting this.

but it's not really funny, moreso just sad.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
lol, refs realize this game is volatie - so best to call it real tight. i wish more refs would actually do this to actually set the agenda straight so that we get to see skill rather than interference and slashing, esp during playoffs

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Plenty of teams do it.
Yeah, you're right. I remembered a player looking really affected by it a few seasons ago. Found the video of Scottie Upshall getting strobed in Colorado. This has no place in the league with CTE and related migraine issues.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
the nhl is ballsy but they know that canadian hockey fans can still be taken for granted for a while longer.

with all of your usual anti-maple leaf blather i give you kudos for at least admitting this.

but it's not really funny, moreso just sad.
Its not that im anti-leaf but moreso anti-hype and we all know they are the most hyped franchise due to their media coverage and size of the fanbase here on HF

Plus what isnt there to love about being the lone poster taking on the horde that is the Leafs fanbase when they attack a thread full force? Hahah, its like a game keeping up with the constant notifications.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
He has a short temper for sure. When he gets walked on, he usually comes up big afterwards with a goal or assist.
Is it a short temper or a fiery spirit? If he gets rattled and plays poorly its short temper but if he responds well and steps his game up I think thats just an amazing attitude to have

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Yeah, you're right. I remembered a player looking really affected by it a few seasons ago. Found the video of Scottie Upshall getting strobed in Colorado. This has no place in the league with CTE and related migraine issues.
Yeah it's a tough thing to get NhL to remove. Will probably take someone to have a bad reaction from it until something changes. I don't know much about The dangers though.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Is it a short temper or a fiery spirit? If he gets rattled and plays poorly its short temper but if he responds well and steps his game up I think thats just an amazing attitude to have
Both? Honestly kings fans get annoyed when he loses it, Doughty himself has mentioned that he just can't help it when he's on the ice but he always feel about it after the game. When he gets embarrassed on the ice, he rebounds later on during the game- it's pretty cool to witness it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad