GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/20/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Was it said why Greiss started this game and not Fleury?

I know it was a back to back situation, but just curious why he got this game and not the one against the non-conference opponent.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I know it was a back to back situation, but just curious why he got this game and not the one against the non-conference opponent.

Keep your #1 for the better teams.

With how beat up Philly was, it made sense to play Greiss....who is good himself.

Plus, with Fleury having a great year, no reason to mess with his psyche in games against Philly.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Fleury had started 14 of 15...the extra day of rest helps spread the workload with the break coming up (which he'll also be playing in). Fleury has never started this percentage of games.

That and Johnston seems to always start Fleury for the home side of a B2B situation. Greiss has only started 2 home games.

penguins2946*

It's not loading for me.

Oh god that's bad. That should be a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Fleury had started 14 of 15...the extra day of rest helps spread the workload with the break coming up (which he'll also be playing in). Fleury has never started this percentage of games.

That and Johnston seems to always start Fleury for the home side of a B2B situation. Greiss has only started 2 home games.

Gotcha. Thanks.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
I think so. That is exactly what the league doesn't want to see. A ref catches that in his peripheral, and he thinks it is a penalty for tripping/hooking.

SchennSational1022*

How about Luke Schenn? Do people still just ignore that he is actually a good player? Not worth JVR but he's been pretty damn good for the Flyers for the most part. Did get caught up the ice once tonight though.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
My goodness the pity party and whining about Voracek sticking up for himself through the first few pages is just cringe-worthy. I couldn't make it the last 20! Get the **** over it.

Picture yourself getting absolutely rocked or dangerously impeded with a clean hit (like a hip check, dangerous but legal)...I guess you'd all just tuck your tail between your legs and skate back to your bench and a bunch of goody goodies.

Jake is in the middle of the game, (not watching from the stands/couch with replay like you geniuses) gets flipped nearly head over heels. You think he realizes split second that "Oh that's a clean hit...that's cool. Back to play defense." Nah.

Get a ****ing clue people. HF is known for some dumb ****, but the *****ing about fighting after clean hits is far and away THE DUMBEST of them all. You're not out there. Why did Jake Voracek drop the gloves and pummel Scuderi? Because he felt the need to. What more explanation do you need?

Nynja*

13 minute video for a dive? Could you like, you know, shorten that a tad? If you made it yourself that is.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
My goodness the pity party and whining about Voracek sticking up for himself through the first few pages is just cringe-worthy. I couldn't make it the last 20! Get the **** over it.

Picture yourself getting absolutely rocked or dangerously impeded with a clean hit (like a hip check, dangerous but legal)...I guess you'd all just tuck your tail between your legs and skate back to your bench and a bunch of goody goodies.

Jake is in the middle of the game, (not watching from the stands/couch with replay like you geniuses) gets flipped nearly head over heels. You think he realizes split second that "Oh that's a clean hit...that's cool. Back to play defense." Nah.

Get a ****ing clue people. HF is known for some dumb ****, but the *****ing about fighting after clean hits is far and away THE DUMBEST of them all. You're not out there. Why did Jake Voracek drop the gloves and pummel Scuderi? Because he felt the need to. What more explanation do you need?

So why not after every single hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad