GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/20/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
Too early to fire mike johnston? No reason to put the game in the hands of your worst forwards in the last minute of regulation. Also no excuse for even putting crosby or malkin out to kill the nonstop penalties in OT. Just a terrible minute manager

HoRneR814

Apr 23, 2014
With Pittsburgh getting the power play, bruh.

The last call was weak. My guess is the refs are sticking together since it's known that Laviolette called one out their last game ?

Wait the pens got a power play in overtime like the guy I was quoting stated... what game was I watching what day is this? Who am I!?

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Is there a bigger whiner in this league than peter lavioelette. Claude julien level

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Why can't fans be happy about beating their rivals? Yeah, we know we have a bad team this year. So what? Don't act like you don't like it when Vancouver beats their most hated rivals. If anything, the Penguin fans were more ramped up. We hate each others' teams.

I would have been ecstatic if the Pens had won the game tonight. Yeah people say it's just another game but it would have been nice to win this one so I can see why Flyers fans would be pumped. Good game. Hopefully next game is played with just as much emotion but with less injuries.

penguins2946*

The flyers could lose every game this season but they'll still always find a way to beat the heartless "Juggernauts" of the east and I'll love every second of it every time.

Who actually calls the Pens juggernauts? I haven't seen anyone call the Pens a juggernaut since after the 2009 cup.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I don't really care about the outcome, I am pissed that the Pens fell for the Flyers crap. Everyone thought that was a Bylsma issue, where he couldn't control the team when things got chippy. Today just showed that it's not a coaching issue, it's a personnel issue. The odd thing here? Crosby and Malkin weren't the guys involved. In fact, they looked really disinterested.

It's on the captains to help get that under control if the coaches can't. Maybe they tried to lead by example by not getting caught up in it but that obviously didn't work all that well.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
They had 4 consecutive minutes of PP time, in overtime no less, and act like a win wasn't expected? The refs lost control of this game early. I'm not sure of the last time I've seen almost an entire OT with one team on the PP....

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Haha fantastic.

Love the under selling the game, but only because they lost. Would be a big deal if they won.

Crosby >> Giroux no doubt.

Giroux >> Crosby as a captain

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Throw out all logic with Flyers and Pens. Both teams did their damnedest to lose.

penguins2946*

It's on the captains to help get that under control if the coaches can't. Maybe they tried to lead by example by not getting caught up in it but that obviously didn't work all that well.

I really don't know what it is. The long term Pens that have been involved in the Flyers-Pens crap shows in the past weren't even the ones engaging today. I still feel like the game fell out of control when Rinaldo jumped into Letang. Without that, this game could have resembled a hockey game and not turned into a "my dad can beat up your dad" game.

Please they get called cup contenders at the start of the year and are picked to win the metro by every one every year.

They really don't though. They get predicted to win the Metro because the Metro/Atlantic prior to it sucked before this year.

HoRneR814

Apr 23, 2014
Please they get called cup contenders at the start of the year and are picked to win the metro by every one every year.

I thought the Rangers were the team that was getting picked to win the metro this season weren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad