GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/2/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
You can't call a time out on an icing anymore, right?

Pierre McGuire, seems to think you can.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You can't call a time out on an icing anymore, right?

Pierre McGuire, seems to think you can.

I think the team that gets the offensive zone faceoff can take a timeout but not the team that ices it.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Strange stat: Francouz has lost both games he's played in the NHL by only giving up one goal each game while his team scores four.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Oh my god, NBC hired a hipster band to write a chessy promo song for their games and it's just as bad you can imagine!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
All these players going through the hottest streaks of their careers and here's mcdavid, closing in on the scoring title playing for a joke of a team

61 points now after tonight playing for a garbage team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Please...goalies slash like that in response to people running them constantly. Bennett absolutely was doing that and got what was coming to him. He wants to respond and instead of just doing it like a man, he goes after an unsuspecting player in the last shift of a decided game like a coward. Simek has one guy to blame for his concussion and it's the guy that hit him like a punk coward and that's Bennett. Keep making excuses for him. It only makes you out to be the same.

Nothing clean about it. Late and injured a player.

It was late and everyone knows it and it caused an injury. I don't go with NHL brass as the authority of right and wrong calls on the ice. Only simpletons do that. Bennett made a late hit in a generally cheap fashion even if it wasn't because he was being a coward. Plain and simple. He'll get his receipt soon enough.
Cry me a ****ing river

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Ok I’ll explain it. Up by 3, 20 seconds left, in the sharks zone, a player who just passed the puck back behind his own net to basically kill the clock and surrender the game.

In what world is it considered a necessary hockey play to obliterate him with a borderline late high hit to knock him out with a concussion?

Can you run a guy and potentially alter his career and life in this situation? Apparently.

Should that actually be acceptable and encouraged by a league fretting over potential brain injuries? Hmm.

Maybe hockey isn't for you. It's a violent, beautiful game.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
That's the whole point of a message board isn't it? I'll cry about the coward doing cowardly things and you'll cry in response to defend that piece of crap.

There are words that may fit Bennett, but it's a little rich to call a guy a coward after he sends your player through the Earth's crust and then dummies the guy who comes after him.

The best way to avoid dust-ups like this is to not give up 8 goals.

Reactions: Janks

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It was late and everyone knows it and it caused an injury. I don't go with NHL brass as the authority of right and wrong calls on the ice. Only simpletons do that. Bennett made a late hit in a generally cheap fashion even if it wasn't because he was being a coward. Plain and simple. He'll get his receipt soon enough.

Yes, only simpletons appeal to the actual rules when evaluating whether rules were broken. The truly elite tier fans vaguely allude to truth by majority and ignore actual rules.

Reactions: Janks

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Dallas/NJ, they gave Wood a penalty for a clean hit on Benn because he was shaken up.
No they gave him a penalty for a late hit that Woods was obviously planning a couple seconds after Benn passed the puck. Benn turned his head towards the play like a player should and was blindsided with a late shitty hit. That is the exact garbage the league is trying to get rid of along with head shots. The dynamic of the hit itself from the one angle i can find looked good but the fact that it was late and served no purpose except to go out of his way to throw a garbage hit is why he got the 5. It was obvious retribution from when Benn fought Woods earlier this season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You make it seem like Bennett murdered someone.

Not at all. That's just you exaggerating what I'm saying to misrepresent me. A common fallacy.

There are words that may fit Bennett, but it's a little rich to call a guy a coward after he sends your player through the Earth's crust and then dummies the guy who comes after him.

The best way to avoid dust-ups like this is to not give up 8 goals.

I don't think it's rich at all. He went after a guy in the last shift of a decided game well after he relinquished the puck that had no reason to expect to be hit in that situation. A coward takes a run at guys when the game's over and Bennett did no such thing to Goodrow. I agree the best way to avoid it is to not give up 8 goals but generally in that situation, the team that gives up the 8 goals is the one running around and not the team up it. It's obvious Calgary is not used to winning and they will fall back to Earth shortly. No matter how you try to rationalize it, what he did was a cowardly move, plain and simple.

Yes, only simpletons appeal to the actual rules when evaluating whether rules were broken. The truly elite tier fans vaguely allude to truth by majority and ignore actual rules.

The actual rules would have led to a suspension because it was a late hit that caused a head injury. The league doesn't always adhere to their own rules as has been shown on numerous occasions. There's no point trying to argue otherwise because it would just be wrong.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Not at all. That's just you exaggerating what I'm saying to misrepresent me. A common fallacy.

I don't think it's rich at all. He went after a guy in the last shift of a decided game well after he relinquished the puck that had no reason to expect to be hit in that situation. A coward takes a run at guys when the game's over and Bennett did no such thing to Goodrow. I agree the best way to avoid it is to not give up 8 goals but generally in that situation, the team that gives up the 8 goals is the one running around and not the team up it. It's obvious Calgary is not used to winning and they will fall back to Earth shortly. No matter how you try to rationalize it, what he did was a cowardly move, plain and simple.

The actual rules would have led to a suspension because it was a late hit that caused a head injury. The league doesn't always adhere to their own rules as has been shown on numerous occasions. There's no point trying to argue otherwise because it would just be wrong.

And if it wasn’t an injury? Still suspendable?
That doesn’t make any sense. Are we just going to send out your medic and then let him decide for the DoPS that the offender should be suspended if Simek was concussed? It was a shoulder hit, not to the head. The player fell hard, and some on his head. That was just unfortunate. Hardly a suspendable hit, get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad