GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I'm starting to think Calgary is going to win the Pacific and it might not be close. Sure the Sharks will stay with them for a while, but everytime I've seen Calgary lately they just refuse to lose. Considering teams do go through slumps as a season wears on, I don't see Calgary going through a big slump like I can with the Sharks or Knights. It would be nice if the Flames had a stretch of games like the Sharks have had though (5 games in 8 nights, or back to backs, or playing really good teams).

Calgary’s schedule from New Year til the all star break has a lot of non-playoff teams. SJ is as good but won’t gain much over this stretch as hot as they are.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm starting to think Calgary is going to win the Pacific and it might not be close. Sure the Sharks will stay with them for a while, but everytime I've seen Calgary lately they just refuse to lose. Considering teams do go through slumps as a season wears on, I don't see Calgary going through a big slump like I can with the Sharks or Knights. It would be nice if the Flames had a stretch of games like the Sharks have had though (5 games in 8 nights, or back to backs, or playing really good teams).

We've made a habit of winning undeservedly lately, and tonight we really took it to the next level. Larkin and his friends absolutely had their way with us with very little opposition and we just couldn't stop making horrible mistakes, while our top line was almost completely absent. Still won in spite of all that.

Also the Flames have had a very busy schedule lately. Monday and Tuesday of this week was their first two consecutive days off since Christmas. I think the Knights must have, too, given all three of us were ahead of the pack in GP the last little while.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
We've made a habit of winning undeservedly lately, and tonight we really took it to the next level. Larkin and his friends absolutely had their way with us with very little opposition and we just couldn't stop making horrible mistakes, while our top line was almost completely absent. Still won in spite of all that.

Also the Flames have had a very busy schedule lately. Monday and Tuesday of this week was their first two consecutive days off since Christmas. I think the Knights must have, too, given all three of us were ahead of the pack in GP the last little while.

Yeah and now we head into that weird part of the schedule where things start to even out quite a bit with the AS break leading into the bye weeks.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017

Come trade deadline, what are the Flames looking for?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

The Flames already did a few weeks ago

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018

The Flames did exactly that at the start of the month. Played Jan. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9. That's 5 games in 8 nights. The first four were on the road and the last one at home.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Just noticed that. With all due respect to Edmonton, that feels like another gimmie game for the Flames. Maybe they might pull a Sharks (Against Arizona) and be tired.
When the Oilers play the Flames the Oilers always get up for the game and treat it almost like a playoff game. BoA games are never gimmies.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Pretty sure Calgary has already gone through the tough part of their schedule. November/December was brutal.

I don't want to give up our first so I'd be happy not doing anything

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Flames already did a few weeks ago

The Flames did exactly that at the start of the month. Played Jan. 2, 3, 5, 7, 9. That's 5 games in 8 nights. The first four were on the road and the last one at home.

I stand corrected then. Still, looking at January, the only playoff team you have faced was Boston, and maybe Buffalo but they have been struggling lately.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There's been talk that the Flames want a depth left defenseman, and a depth goalie. I still think we need another scoring threat at center - like a Brayden Schenn.

And how are they going to manage to get such player?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Demko with some key saves. On that play he showed both acrobatics/athleticism and positional awareness. I’m excited to see how this kid will be in his prime.

Reactions: aufheben

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Pretty sure Calgary has already gone through the tough part of their schedule. November/December was brutal.

I don't want to give up our first so I'd be happy not doing anything
I wouldn't have a problem giving up the Flames 2019 first because its going to be pretty late in the draft anyways.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gaudreau's assist tonight kept his scoring streak alive. 21 pts in the last 10 games.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
lol the Laffs lost to Florida and are in a downward spiral.

They're gonna miss the playoffs, book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad