GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/12/19 - I'm back from being away and can't remember who's turn it is... also games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Good observation, same thing against Edmonton and Winnipeg. Leafs Giving up odd man rushes. Leafs D like to pinch and join the play, that's the Keefe system, the D are below the dots far too often. It will be interesting to see if coaches have finally adjusted to this, leading to more quick counters. The NHL is heavily scouted. It wouldn't surprise me the league has caught on.
I definitely think so. A good example of this is if you look at Pettersson's rookie vs sophomore year. By year 2, the league had already figured him out so to speak and he needed to either adjust or get smothered by the opposition.

The change in approach from opposing teams was very dramatic.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Florida came out flying the first 5 and never looked back, Leafs gave away 2 on 1 like it was cristmas day!
Florida felled back early and got lazy in between, but it was never a game, think they hit the iron 3-4 times also.

Said it before, Leafs overall defence is really bad, and when a overplayed Andersen arent on vezina level and save their bacon, it looks like this on the scoreboard+ Hutchinson shouldnt even be dressed in a Nhl arena.

Dubas is to be fault, hasnt adressed the needs, built the team for pondhockey .

Devils are hot, think the Leafs losing streak continues!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I stand corrected. Really oblivious...
No, you were right the first time. Don't be too hard on the poster. He is a Sens fan. He wouldn't worry about the Leafs coaching situation. I recommend you give posters some credit.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Devils just beat Washington and Tampa by a combined 8-2 in back to back nights.

Should have traded Hall sooner.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I was drastically wrong on the degree of obliviousness...
The whole idea of the poster being oblivious was mere speculation by you. In fact, you gave me the choice of deciding whether the poster had an excellent sense of humour or if I thought that the poster was oblivious. Since, I knew that the Leafs ( I am clearly a Leaf fan) had changed their coach already, and that it would be a dumb idea for the Leafs to change coaches because they are losing a game, I chose oblivious. The Habs don't change coaches after every loss, do they? It may have been an attempted joke or something else entirely. You would have to ask the poster. You would get a better answer, as I cannot possibly be certain what a poster means. If you are really interested whether the poster was "oblivious", "really oblivious" or if you were " drastically wrong on the degree of obliviousness", you have to ask that poster. Bothering me with you incoherent nonsense doesn't benefit either of us.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
The whole idea of the poster being oblivious was mere speculation by you. In fact, you gave me the choice of deciding whether the poster had an excellent sense of humour or if I thought that the poster was oblivious. Since, I knew that the Leafs ( I am clearly a Leaf fan) had changed their coach already, and that it would be a dumb idea for the Leafs to change coaches because they are losing a game, I chose oblivious. The Habs don't change coaches after every loss, do they? It may have been an attempted joke or something else entirely. You would have to ask the poster. You would get a better answer, as I cannot possibly be certain what a poster means. If you are really interested whether the poster was "oblivious", "really oblivious" or if you were " drastically wrong on the degree of obliviousness", you have to ask that poster. Bothering me with you incoherent nonsense doesn't benefit either of us.
Really, really oblivious. :dunno:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Really, really oblivious. :dunno:
Ok, fine. I still recommend that you treat posters with more respect. The poster is a fan of a different team than the Leafs. Ultimately, it is up to you. I am not going to lose my perspective. I just think that it makes the board better.

Pucker Factor 10

Serious guy who doesn't take things too seriously
Oct 26, 2019
The Frozen Tundra of Nanook
Leafs D like to pinch and join the play, that's the Keefe system, the D are below the dots far too often.

It looks like The Q caught on tonight. :laugh:

That surely makes for sexier but certainly not more successful hockey long-term, especially for a young team who's 26th in GAA and lacking a well-honed instinct of a good time to pinch. They can get away with that against lower-tier teams most nights but, as their homes games earlier in the season against STL and TPA demonstrated, not against serious contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad