GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/12/19 - Great games on this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kicking vs re-directing is WAY WAY too subjective.

Just change the damn rule, as long as your skate stays on the ice (safety issue)
it counts and be done with it

Bettman are you listening
I don't know what's subjective about a kicking motion. The whole point of the rule is to avoid goalies being hit by skates. The IIHF rule is a clear distinction "any goal scored as directed by the foot is not a goal" to the NHL's "no goal shall be allowed if scored by a distinct kicking motion."

If a guy swipes his foot forward, that's a kick. Anything else, at worst, is an attempted redirection with the foot. Bellemare did not kick it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol I was watching Theodore rush that up and I thought "no way is Shea scoring here"

Delia has to close up that 5 hole. That was soft as f***.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don't know what's subjective about a kicking motion. The whole point of the rule is to avoid goalies being hit by skates. The IIHF rule is a clear distinction "any goal scored as directed by the foot is not a goal" to the NHL's "no goal shall be allowed if scored by a distinct kicking motion."

If a guy swipes his foot forward, that's a kick. Anything else, at worst, is an attempted redirection with the foot. Bellemare did not kick it.

That's the thing, there can be forward motion to position the skate. That isn't a kick and you see that all the time. I think changing the rule that the skate must stay on the ice would be a good compromise.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I tought Matthews had a very poor game. Nylander carried the puck very well and was strong on the puck for the most part

Matthews usually doesn't look well against the Bruins but tonight I liked him out there. Kadri line was the line that couldn't handle the defensive zone and Nylander was on that line. Usually Kadri shows well against the Bruins but the Bruins physical 4th line against the Leafs 3rd line was the difference tonight.

Reactions: FanSince72

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
You'd give a guy an entire season at 7 million to get his game back?

It sucks that he's costing so much while not producing much at all, but he had to be signed. Thankfully Matthews and Marner are still on the final season of their ELCs this year, so the effects are negated somewhat for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad