GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/12/19 - Great games on this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Damn Tampa fans, Ive always felt you guys were a decent bunch....dont go changing now, your the best team in the league...no reason to take shots at team up and coming.
Florida fans are the biggest flakes in sports. Lived most of my life there before military. They’re only fans when their teams do well. Any other time they’re nowhere to be found and the stadiums/arenas are empty.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
He’s been back for 16 games. How big a pass should he get? Most players don’t take that long to get up to speed at the start of the season.

Leafs fans are also acting like Nylander was not only on the team last year, so he knows guys tendencies and all of that, but also that he was supposively not working out on his own and ready for the season.

Sometimes it’s hard for people to say someone simply is not playing well and not even close to being worth his contract.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
He’s been back for 16 games. How big a pass should he get? Most players don’t take that long to get up to speed at the start of the season.

Missing training camp is a huge disadvantage. I'm not expecting a whole lot from him until next season. Anyways, my problem is with people acting like Nylander is now a bad player/is always going to be playing this badly from this point forward. He's likely going to have a terrible year this season due to how long his contract took to get signed, but he's still a ~60 point player.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton

Ya that excuse can't be used anymore. I can't say I know what it's like, but he's still a professional athlete. How long does it take to get into game shape? Was he just eating cheese burgers and playing Fortnite while he was unsigned??

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Missing training camp is a huge disadvantage. I'm not expecting a whole lot from him until next season. Anyways, my problem is with people acting like Nylander is now a bad player/is always going to be playing this badly from this point forward. He's likely going to have a terrible year this season due to how long his contract took to get signed, but he's still a ~60 point player.

Hes been much better lately. He was better then Matthews tonight and except for Marner and Tavares he might have been our best forward. I expect the points to come very soon especially if he plays on Matthews wing

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. Lots of players miss training camp and are back up to speed right away or in 5 or 6 games. It’s been close to a quarter of a season now. He’s just not playing well. No excuses.
I agree that in a full season playing with a great player like Matthews he probably gets 60 points. But away from Matthews he’s just not going to get those points imo.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I haven't been watching Toronto games but I agree that anyone missing as much of the season as he did is going to struggle. Would you say that his effort level is there though ? I've heard mixed reports on whether he's busting his ass and it's just not going for him or if he seems lazy.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Damn Tampa fans, Ive always felt you guys were a decent bunch....dont go changing now, your the best team in the league...no reason to take shots at team up and coming.

Usually we're not that bad, but I think part of the reaction tonight stems from a Sabres fan trolling in our forum's GDT instead of keeping the chirping here where it belongs.

Most of us have no ill will towards up and coming teams. I personally am glad to see Buffalo playing well and feel that Skinner did indeed deserve an All Star nod.

Though I still voted for Point. :DD

Reactions: dechire

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I’m not saying Nylander is mailing it in now because he got paid but maybe the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree after all.

He needs to produce though or he will be on a bus out of town.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Boston gunna knock leafs out in round 1. Its gunna be great

Nylander might have 10 points by then

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hes been much better lately. He was better then Matthews tonight and except for Marner and Tavares he might have been our best forward. I expect the points to come very soon especially if he plays on Matthews wing

He's been picking it up lately, yeah. It just hasn't translated onto the scoreboard yet. I'm just shocked by how many people actually believe that he's somehow suddenly lost all of his skill and is now some scrub. He had back to back 60+ point seasons before this year, and yet people prefer to ignore that and focus on the 16 games this season where he's struggled after missing training camp. His previous two seasons in the league before this one are a much more accurate reflection of his capabilities as a player.

Reactions: La Masse

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m not saying Nylander is mailing it in now because he got paid but maybe the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree after all.

He needs to produce though or he will be on a bus out of town.

No dubas said he wouldnt trade him and is a man of his word. Wont be a good look when talkin with marner kapanrn and matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad