GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/12/19 - Great games on this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Meh. Lots of players miss training camp and are back up to speed right away or in 5 or 6 games. It’s been close to a quarter of a season now. He’s just not playing well. No excuses.
I agree that in a full season playing with a great player like Matthews he probably gets 60 points. But away from Matthews he’s just not going to get those points imo.

He's definitely struggling, and he's likely going to have an awful year. My only point was that this year shouldn't be used taken as any sort of indication that he's going to be terrible going forward. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least revert back to his ~60 point form next year playing with Matthews.

I haven't been watching Toronto games but I agree that anyone missing as much of the season as he did is going to struggle. Would you say that his effort level is there though ? I've heard mixed reports on whether he's busting his ass and it's just not going for him or if he seems lazy.

I don't know if it's necessarily laziness, but rather I think it's more an issue of his conditioning not being there. Everyone he's playing against is currently in midseason form, so he's at a disadvantage there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tonight wouldnt be the best game to suggest that but no doubt the Bruins have the Leafs number. Leafs really need home ice advantage to beat them this time IMO
Boston is built as a bad matchup for leafs, pendin trade deadline

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Damn Tampa fans, Ive always felt you guys were a decent bunch....dont go changing now, your the best team in the league...no reason to take shots at team up and coming.

You have never been here during the playoffs if you believe that.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Boston is built as a bad matchup for leafs, pendin trade deadline
Bruins are more than likely to go shopping for a big 2nd line RW for Krejci and a 3rd line defensive center. Could actually get worse for the Leafs if they do not get a few dee that are tougher but babcock does not like that, so glad they are soft

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
The Atlantic is shaping up just like last season. TB #1. Leafs or Bs #2-3. Although this season I doubt Bs or Leafs can push TB for #1.

So is the Metro, it's very tight from #1 to 4 and Cbus will most likely replace Philly in the top 3.

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Stone has been all over in this first period.. he's not sneaky amazing anymore he's just amazing. Please don't leave..

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lol, they allow that Zibby goal in the playoffs years back, but they disallow that. The NHL is so f***ing stupid.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Kicking vs re-directing is WAY WAY too subjective.

Just change the damn rule, as long as your skate stays on the ice (safety issue)
it counts and be done with it

Bettman are you listening

Reactions: Pia8988

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Stone has been all over in this first period.. he's not sneaky amazing anymore he's just amazing. Please don't leave..

If he did not want to leave he would not have signed a one year contract... But I guess we'll know soon enough, the trade deadline is near.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Missing training camp is a huge disadvantage. I'm not expecting a whole lot from him until next season. Anyways, my problem is with people acting like Nylander is now a bad player/is always going to be playing this badly from this point forward. He's likely going to have a terrible year this season due to how long his contract took to get signed, but he's still a ~60 point player.

You'd give a guy an entire season at 7 million to get his game back?

Reactions: Sam Spade

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hes been much better lately. He was better then Matthews tonight and except for Marner and Tavares he might have been our best forward. I expect the points to come very soon especially if he plays on Matthews wing

Marner
Matthews
Hyman
Tavares

Top four Leafs forwards tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad