GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/11/19 - Lots of 1s, but only 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Ducks are playing like a team that wants to get their coach fired.
Where the hell is the ''FIRE CARLYLE!'' thread on the main board? There's gotta be one after this one.

I don't even think John Gibson's playing for him anymore. When he's finally checked out, that's gotta signal that Randy's second tenure as Ducks head coach has also checked out.

mcdraividmoto

Sep 28, 2017
Was he shaking hand as he dove to draw the slash too?:laugh:
ulLar1N.gif

"Lady Byng winner"

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Can’t make excuses for Gibson. 10 straight losses 3-0 lead. Vezina price lead bad teams to 1-0 and 2-1 wins

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Rebuild is almost in reverse. They've got a great supporting cast and are just getting around to getting the core.

Got Larkin, (22) Mantha, (24) AA, (24) Rasmussen, (19) and Bert. (23) Still to add Zadina, and have a pretty damn good chance at adding Kakko or Hughes. I actually really like Larkin, Zadina, and Hughes/Kakko as a core group of forwards with those other guys surrounding them.

Defense is still lacking a bit, but Cholo and Hronek are showing a lot of promise.

Now goaltending... Yeah, no idea where that's going.

Yeah adding another premier young talent is definitely a must. Probably two. Making the playoffs 25 years in a row definitely comes with a toll. I still wonder if Yzerman comes in when they're ready to exit the rebuild and Holland steps aside but I guess giving him some leash is to be expected.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think Keith Yandle was upset the way the game ended.

Don't get me wrong, he slashed him, but I'm pretty sure he sold that one too. Soon as he made contact, he dropped everything, including his glove. Never seen a team try and draw slashes like they do.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Don't get me wrong, he slashed him, but I'm pretty sure he sold that one too. Soon as he made contact, he dropped everything, including his glove. Never seen a team try and draw slashes like they do.
Its nice that you can bring yourself to admit that there was a slash but you can't possibly have watched the video if you think Monahan was selling it. When I chop firewood out of 12" logs I don't swing that hard. Yandle's two handed chop tore the stick and glove right out of Monahan's hand. If you can't admit that there's no reason to discuss this further as there's nothing I can do about your terrible eye sight.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Its nice that you can bring yourself to admit that there was a slash but you can't possibly have watched the video if you think Monahan was selling it. When I chop firewood out of 12" logs I don't swing that hard. Yandle's two handed chop tore the stick and glove right out of Monahan's hand. If you can't admit that there's no reason to discuss this further as there's nothing I can do about your terrible eye sight.

While your points are valid [except the eye sight thing], he let go of everything the moment he made contact. I've watched your team enough to know they try and draw that call whenever there is stick contact, that one happen to include a glove.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
While your points are valid [except the eye sight thing], he let go of everything the moment he made contact. I've watched your team enough to know they try and draw that call whenever there is stick contact, that one happen to include a glove.
Draw that call? How can you possible not have that slash called every time. Oh wait, they didn't actually give Yandle the slash.. The guy is shooting towards an empty net, the puck is heading in. The play is over, at this point he's thinking of that sweeet sweet purple drank.

I'm just spitting ball here, and it's crazy idea, but maybe he dropped the stick because Yandle two-handed the stick out of his hand. Jesus, the bias is astonishing. No one holds on to the stick from that slash.

But congrats, you have earned the most ridiculous claim I've seen on HF yet.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah adding another premier young talent is definitely a must. Probably two. Making the playoffs 25 years in a row definitely comes with a toll. I still wonder if Yzerman comes in when they're ready to exit the rebuild and Holland steps aside but I guess giving him some leash is to be expected.

I think Yzerman's in next year, and if not he's just done. Or at least taking some time away.

He didn't step down from Tampa to join another team other than Detroit. He's either going to Detroit or he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Makes sense with the rumors of Holland to Seattle, too.

Reactions: Bounces R Way
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad