GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Oh yeah, I agree with that. And I think Nonis is probably a dead man walking right now, despite a good trade deadline performance.

Oh definitely. I mean, congrats, you cleaned up some of the mess you made, you're still so fired.

Good game for the Stars.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Wild commentator, "Well it's unfortunate both goals by the Ducks seemed to be somewhat unearned." What a ****ing moron given the Wild scored on a power play that shouldn't have happened.

Nothingman*

Wild commentator, "Well it's unfortunate both goals by the Ducks seemed to be somewhat unearned." What a ****ing moron given the Wild scored on a power play that shouldn't have happened.

They say **** like that every game disrespecting the work of the other teams. Pathetic. Like everything the Wild does is like a Dutch master or something.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah Fox never does that. "Life is not fair sometimes."

Typical Ducks fan response, deflecting from the truth. There are worse homer announcers out there (Pens in particular), but that doesn't take away from the whine fest we have to listen through when Ahlers and Hayward call a Ducks game. Hayward is actually more tolerable when he isn't doing color on a Ducks game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Typical Ducks fan response, deflecting from the truth. There are worse homer announcers out there (Pens in particular), but that doesn't take away from the whine fest we have to listen through when Ahlers and Hayward call a Ducks game. Hayward is actually more tolerable when he isn't doing color on a Ducks game.

I think its more like every time the ducks play, we have to listen to other fans cry about our announcers like we dont know.

Eventually other fan bases should just let it go, we all have. I dont care how my broadcasters talk/sound or how much of a homer they are becuase they are pretty irrelevant to whats going on the ice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sometimes I think announcers are just trying to out-homer each other as a sort of career move. These guys have seen enough hockey to not REALLY see opposing teams as evil incarnate. But they're catering to an audience.

That said, it's really refreshing sometimes to tune in to the opposition's broadcast and find an insightful pair of commentators. It's rare, but when it happens, it's nice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Calgary looks as bored as Toronto now. For different reasons, obviously.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Calgary looks as bored as Toronto now. For different reasons, obviously.
I don't know what the Flames' excuse is but it's clear to me the Leafs have their minds locked on the showdown in Edmonton on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad