GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
If it makes you feel better I'd take Minn first round over any top 10 teams in west, still pretty soft team and smallish on the defensive side, actually a pretty good match up for Anaheim. We have tons of forward depth, and defensively at worst were missing a legit number 1 like suter but lindholm Fowler wisnewski despres vatanan beauchimen and stoner is a pretty good 7, not to mention Manson and hozer as depth dmen.

good win tonight. Nah, you wouldn't. Did you just call the Wild soft? :laugh: They pounded the Ducks tonight in the corners but Gibson stole it man hats off to him.

Nothingman*

Ducks own the Wild. Wild can make all the excuses they want. Results are all that matters.

Nothingman*

good win tonight. Nah, you wouldn't. Did you just call the Wild soft? :laugh: They pounded the Ducks tonight in the corners but Gibson stole it man hats off to him.

What? Wild had a few chances bu tit wasn't any kind of domination. Slightly tilted towards the Wild. But as is the case with the Wild......lots of activity but little finishing. Story of the Wild.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Anaheim has literally nothing to play for, didn't play very good and still managed a win on the road.... My personal opinion is anahiem would straight bully minnasota in the playoffs.

It's still regular season, anahiems goals are in the playoff this year everyone knows we can win in regular season, only thing that matters this year is what we do in playoffs

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anaheim has literally nothing to play for, didn't play very good and still managed a win on the road.... My personal opinion is anahiem would straight bully minnasota in the playoffs.

It's still regular season, anahiems goals are in the playoff this year everyone knows we can win in regular season, only thing that matters this year is what we do in playoffs

The #1 seed? They don't care about having a potential WCF Game 7 at home?

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014

Ducks have been mailing it in for some time and the Wild still couldn't squeak out a win. Just saying.

be smart guys, c'mon now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The #1 seed? They don't care about having a potential WCF Game 7 at home?
I don't think its that important were 1 of the better road teams and with kesler line this year I think as a team were prob comfortable with what ever matchups.

And its not like they lost today they are still in a good position to get that home ice, they have 1 of the easier remaining schedules.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
I don't think its that important were 1 of the better road teams and with kesler line this year I think as a team were prob comfortable with what ever matchups.

And its not like they lost today they are still in a good position to get that home ice, they have 1 of the easier remaining schedules.

c'mon man think!

Nothingman*

True. Wild have a very tough remaiming schedule. I would think it is better to worry about one's self.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
c'mon man think!
I did, that game was much more important to you guys.... If you read the 2nd paragraph we have a fairly easy schedule, and still have a solid chance to get the top seed but I doubt its super important to the team.

I just think its a lil early to talk about playoffs when you guys are still battling to get in.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Typical Ducks fan response, deflecting from the truth. There are worse homer announcers out there (Pens in particular), but that doesn't take away from the whine fest we have to listen through when Ahlers and Hayward call a Ducks game. Hayward is actually more tolerable when he isn't doing color on a Ducks game.

And typical kings fan. Nothing to contribute to a MB thread mentioning the Ducks but to ***** about the Ducks announcers. You have an unhealthy obsession with them for some reason.

Nothingman*

And typical kings fan. Nothing to contribute to a MB thread mentioning the Ducks but to ***** about the Ducks announcers. You have an unhealthy obsession with them for some reason.

I am not a Kings fan. But ur commentators are horrible homers. U have to admit that man.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I am not a Kings fan. But ur commentators are horrible homers. U have to admit that man.

No, I know they are bad, but they aren't the worst. It's like clockwork. You know anytime there is something about the Ducks on the MB, there will be some kings fans whining about Ducks announcers regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with the topic.

And to pipe in with their $0.02 is just funny because although Ahlers and Hayward may make excuses for the Ducks, I have never heard the Ducks announcers blame a goal on the lights creating glare on the ice like the stupid little dwarf did with a goal Quick allowed.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Why do people argue about home team announcers being "homers" so often? It's not NBC/CBC/TSN where it matters. These guys are there to make the broadcast enjoyable for home viewers.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

That is their job, I only have a problem with it on national telecasts. Home broadcasts are for home fans, they should play to their base to some extent. Certain things should remain, a goal is an exciting play and should be called with a certain level of enthusiasm road or home. But it is meant to be consumed by home fans. I spent a year living in Chicago, I have no issue with Olczyk calling games for CSN the way he does. I have a big problem with the way he goes on NBC and behaves the same way, it lacks professionalism.

While some would say it lacks it the whole time. I don't think that is true of home telecasts, they are meant for the consumption of that fan-base. They have their points and for the most part play to the home side, even the best broadcasters do this. There needs to be some basis of hockey knowledge being imparted, most do that in spades though even while being homers. My only issue with this is national guys. I don't tune in to hear their bias and I don't think it should be there. But if I flip on a Ducks, Wild or whatever telecast, I expect that is will be slanted to some degree and I think that is perfectly understandable.

By the way good chance the Kings guys have a low respect for your team I would guess. I have seen them do several Wings games where that was the feed I watched and think they are top notch and even boarder on being too down the center for what you would expect out of a home broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad