GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They just aren't a good team. How many "good teams" change half their roster at the trade deadline?

They have what 8 shootout wins, that's propping them up and they have had some ridiculously unsustainable things go their way this season.

I wouldn't pick them over pretty much any team in the west playoffs in the first round.

+10 on the season speaks volumes. +13 if you count shootouts which are irrelevant, so yeah +10. But their fans and the Western Conferences ass kissers spin it to mean that they're great at winning tight games and something something they're rugged because of it something something.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
They just aren't a good team. How many "good teams" change half their roster at the trade deadline?

They have what 8 shootout wins, that's propping them up and they have had some ridiculously unsustainable things go their way this season.

I wouldn't pick them over pretty much any team in the west playoffs in the first round.
You should be concerned with getting swept again.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
You guys were not holding the opposition to 1 goal every night back then, you may have been winning but the offense was clicking too scoring more goals, if the defense returns to normalcy and the offense does not, therein lies the problem I'm describing.

Our defense in terms of GA has been consistently good all year...?

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
By the way the Ducks are playing it looks like they should be worried about being swept this time around and not so concerned with what other teams should be worried about.
Hard to believe the Ducks are careless seeing as they are already a lock for playoffs huh?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers are gonna shoot the gun too early, watch them hit a skid right at the end of the season and be dispatched in the first round...you just know its gonna happen because thats always how it works...you put the best product out there you've put out the past 5 years and they'll make the quickest exit in the postseason.

This is about as pointless as it gets. You need a hobby-- or some other kind of distraction.

The Rangers are trying to win hockey games--you think they should let up? How about your team? whoever they are--should they let up?

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
you can tell the playoffs are close considering all the "insults" are basically from last season.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Hard to believe the Ducks are careless seeing as they are already a lock for playoffs huh?

With the way they are failing lately it is only by luck. The ducks are doing their usual struggle and should be worried that their game is falling off the table. No character equals another failed effort. Sure they will make the playoffs but will sadly yet again leave with "unfinished business".

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We just beat the Hawks, Caps, and Isles on the road in 4 nights giving up 2 goals. For HF to spin that into a negative is really creative, I have to admit. Well done.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers are gonna shoot the gun too early, watch them hit a skid right at the end of the season and be dispatched in the first round...you just know its gonna happen because thats always how it works...you put the best product out there you've put out the past 5 years and they'll make the quickest exit in the postseason.

This is about as pointless as it gets. You need a hobby-- or some other kind of distraction.

The Rangers are trying to win hockey games--you think they should let up? How about your team? whoever they are--should they let up?

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
With the way they are failing lately it is only by luck. The ducks are doing their usual struggle and should be worried that their game is falling off the table. No character equals another failed effort. Sure they will make the playoffs but will sadly yet again leave with "unfinished business".
I wonder how much of the Ducks you actually watch. It's hard to argue with someone that doesn't seem to know what they're talking about.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
We just beat the Hawks, Caps, and Isles on the road in 4 nights giving up 2 goals. For HF to spin that into a negative is really creative, I have to admit. Well done.

It's not creative, it is something that has been brought up in past seasons too. Pretty sure people brought it up for Chicago a few years ago and every time a President's Trophy team goes down, there is always a "did they peak too soon" story.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not creative, it is something that has been brought up in past seasons too. Pretty sure people brought it up for Chicago a few years ago and every time a President's Trophy team goes down, there is always a "did they peak too soon" story.

I know I was being ironic :laugh:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I wonder how much of the Ducks you actually watch. It's hard to argue with someone that doesn't seem to know what they're talking about.

Such a sad hackneyed attempt at a comeback. I live in O.C. so I see plenty of the Ducks. Unfinished Business is a perfect theme for that bag of quitters but that is just my opinion. I mean you guys looked great tonight, right? And you guys have played such mistake free hockey that you didn't make wholesale changes to your team a couple of weeks ago did you?

Once again you will end up in failure mode. Character counts.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
B_3joElUcAIEjvq.jpg

:laugh:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
^Wish I had the Flames goalie on my fantasy team!...

whoever is doing that duck call can just stop

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Such a sad hackneyed attempt at a comeback. I live in O.C. so I see plenty of the Ducks. Unfinished Business is a perfect theme for that bag of quitters but that is just my opinion. I mean you guys looked great tonight, right? And you guys have played such mistake free hockey that you didn't make wholesale changes to your team a couple of weeks ago did you?

Once again you will end up in failure mode. Character counts.
You keep going on about this "character" issue but you are clearly just grasping at straws. Ducks do not have set lines and are still missing Beleskey and Vatanen in the lineup. And no one is saying that the Ducks are mistake free.. I don't know where you are hearing this. Every playoff contender makes changes for a better chance. The biggest concern right now is our coach and goaltending, you would know that if you actually watch Ducks games. Not worried about effort seeing as Ducks are not in the playoff race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad