GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
You keep going on about this "character" issue but you are clearly just grasping at straws. Ducks do not have set lines and are still missing Beleskey and Vatanen in the lineup. And no one is saying that the Ducks are mistake free.. I don't know where you are hearing this. Every playoff contender makes changes for a better chance. The biggest concern right now is our coach and goaltending, you would know that if you actually watch Ducks games. Not worried about effort seeing as Ducks are not in the playoff race.

So every playoff contender makes as many changes to their line up as the ducks just did? Nope. That is what a team does when it knows that it is in serious need of change in order to win. It hasn't worked yet and the Ducks character is what saw them fail their way out of the playoffs the last two years. Teemu was the lone torch for you guys and one of the all time greats. Bruce let him and the ducks down during last seasons playoffs and I don't see any reason to think that you will do any better this time around especially when I see you guys play the way you did tonight not to mention a couple of other times recently. The ducks look an awful lot like the sharks of the past two prior seasons to me. Unfinished Business.

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
So every playoff contender makes as many changes to their line up as the ducks just did? Nope. That is what a team does when it knows that it is in serious need of change in order to win. It hasn't worked yet and the Ducks character is what saw them fail their way out of the playoffs the last two years. Teemu was the lone torch for you guys and one of the all time greats. Bruce let him and the ducks down during last seasons playoffs and I don't see any reason to think that you will do any better this time around especially when I see you guys play the way you did tonight not to mention a couple of other times recently. The ducks look an awful lot like the sharks of the past two prior seasons to me. Unfinished Business.
Ramble ramble ramble. You seem desperate. What is this massive change that the Ducks did? We brought in Wisniewski over Lovejoy, which was needed. Lovejoy was not a good top 4 D-man. Sekac for DSP who is showing to be a much better fit in the Ducks system than DSP ever has. Despres for Lovejoy.. why wouldn't Ducks make that deal? Despres is a good young player with more potential. And then Fleishmann who has shown to be a valuable asset. Ducks were a good team who just made their team better, so I don't know what your argument is? And it's not like the Ducks had a disappointing playoffs last season - they took the Stanley Cup champs to game 7. Again, you're just grasping at straws.

Want to try again? Unfinished business guyz!!

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Ducks announcers make Gaudreau sounds like roadrunner "can't hit what you can't catch"

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Such a sad hackneyed attempt at a comeback. I live in O.C. so I see plenty of the Ducks. Unfinished Business is a perfect theme for that bag of quitters but that is just my opinion. I mean you guys looked great tonight, right? And you guys have played such mistake free hockey that you didn't make wholesale changes to your team a couple of weeks ago did you?

Once again you will end up in failure mode. Character counts.

Your observational skills leave much to be desired if you think the Ducks made "wholesale changes" at the trade deadline. If you watch the Ducks as much as you claim, you would know the only significant addition was Wisniewski; Sekac is playing a bottom-6 role (despite arguably deserving more ice time), Fleischmann was brought in for additional left wing depth amidst Beleskey's injury, Despres may be a healthy scratch should BB stick with Stoner, and Holzer has yet to play in a game for the Ducks.

It gets better though. You then claim the Ducks lack character. Sure, they may be in a rut but the Ducks have been a top-5 team for the duration of the season. GM Bob Murray's willingness to shake things up at the deadline conceivably speaks to his confidence in the character of the team's core and their ability to stay the course despite the new faces.

I'd advise you to watch more Ducks games should you want to pass judgement again. Maybe then you would sound more sensible. Also, it doesn't take a logician to know that rudimentary argumentation tends to follow a simple structure: assertion then reason. Regardless of whether your assertions were plausible, your arguments were void of any reasoning --case and point being, "Character counts."

Last edited:
May 23, 2007
Calgary
wcF8O8z.png

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Your observational skills leave much to be desired if you think the Ducks made "wholesale changes" at the trade deadline. If you watch the Ducks as much as you claim, you would know the only significant addition was Wisniewski; Sekac is playing a bottom-6 role (despite arguably deserving more ice time), Fleischmann was brought in for additional left wing depth amidst Beleskey's injury, Despres may be a healthy scratch should BB stick with Stoner, and Holzer has yet to play in a game for the Ducks.

It gets better though. You then claim the Ducks lack character. Sure, they may be in a rut but the Ducks have been a top-5 team for the duration of the season. GM Bob Murray's willingness to shake things up at the deadline conceivably speaks to his confidence in the character of the team's core and their ability to stay the course despite the new faces.

I'd advise you to watch more Ducks games should you want to pass judgement again. Maybe then you would sound more reasonable.

So wait, is Murrays willingness to "shake things up" the reason the ducks are so super or does that mean that the ducks made wholesale changes? I mean the ducks made more changes and substantive ones at that then any other playoff team at the deadline but I am the one who is supposed to have some sort of issue? Riiiiiight.

So funny. Typical but funny.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Seriously? The Ducks let him skate way more than most teams do, and it's all on them for not working hard enough.

He really took advantage of it as well. Like someone said it was almost like you could only keep him off the board for so long the way he was going in the 1st.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Ducks are a highly skilled and very dangerous team that right now doesn't look motivated. If you think they aren't going to be motivated in the playoffs, you're fooling yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad