GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/10/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacEugene

Jun 1, 2014
Brussels
TB looked like that last year, particularly early on.

You've got a great young team, so do we. There'a a little bit of bad blood and a ton of competitive fire. Both GMs have done great jobs. We're set for some incredible match ups for years to come.

Our centers suck hard compared to TB's, and TB's Top6 wingers are also better overall. And since Therrien stubbornly refuses to move DD from the 1C spot, we won't get anywhere.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Yeah but Price is a single point of failure. If he gets injured as last year or gets a cold streak, Montreal is nothing.

Well, of course, but for the purposes of my post, lets not presume Chris Kreider or somebody else will knock him out for the season in the first game of a playoff series.

I'm quite gung ho about advanced metrics in a general sense (even if my hockey understanding is weaker than my baseball understanding), but nothing cancels out analytical advantages than a superb goaltender. And Carey Price is in a league of his own amongst goaltenders.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm sorry, first off the calls going our way? Which penalty on MTL shouldn't have been? The officiating was pretty solid actually. Surprisingly.

And we clearly dominated. The game was even until the 10 min mark in the 1st and then TB turned it on and never looked back.

Call on Pacioretty was soft. Plus the Lightning got away with interference several times.

Again, I'm saying it was close at 5-on-5. Check out the game chart on War-on-Ice
http://war-on-ice.com/game5.html?seasongcode=2014201520994

Slight advantage to Tampa but nothing major until the 3rd period. The scoring chances especially were pretty even.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Yeah but Price is a single point of failure. If he gets injured as last year or gets a cold streak, Montreal is nothing.

I wouldn't worry about a cold streak.

He is just really damn good this season. Vezina for sure. Maybe should get the Hart as well.

I kind of want to see a Canadiens-Lightning series just because. It would be entertaining.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Call on Pacioretty was soft. Plus the Lightning got away with interference several times.

Again, I'm saying it was close at 5-on-5. Check out the game chart on War-on-Ice

Slight advantage to Tampa but nothing major until the 3rd period. The scoring chances especially were pretty even.

And Subban got away with a cross check to the back of Johnson's neck. Oh well, Lightning fans would just as soon not have the penalties called. I'm guessing you saw how awful the PP's were?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
As much as I dislike Steve Ott, when you jump a guy for a clean hit you should get 2, 5, and 10.

MacEugene

Jun 1, 2014
Brussels
Well, of course, but for the purposes of my post, lets not presume Chris Kreider or somebody else will knock him out for the season in the first game of a playoff series.

I'm quite gung ho about advanced metrics in a general sense (even if my hockey understanding is weaker than my baseball understanding), but nothing cancels out analytical advantages than a superb goaltender. And Carey Price is in a league of his own amongst goaltenders.

Well, since he finished the playoffs injured the two last years, I wouldn't rule that out. Teams know they have to at least crash the net (I'm not saying they ask their players to injure him, but it's a side effect) to beat Price. I absolutely love how Price plays and I don't want him to suck, but we can't only rely on him for the future.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
This Blues-Jets game has everything.

Stefon-Final.gif

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Considering how bad both Montreal and Tampa's PP are, I think we would both prefer if the refs don't call any penalties.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

I'm fairly certain you don't know how to read those charts properly. They show domination for TB.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Come playoff time, a strong PK is more important than a strong PP, anyway. Jeez, New York made it to the SCF in a playoff year where they once went 36 PP's with no dice. Then again, it's not like Tampa's PK is all that great, either (29th in shot suppression is...bad), so maybe just staying 5-on-5 is the best outcome.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm fairly certain you don't know how to read those charts properly. They show domination for TB.

Halfway through the game, TB literally had 1 more scoring chance than MTL. I'm not disputing anything about the 3rd period, but it was clearly not domination from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad