GDT: HFBoards GDT | 03/10/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
The entire TB team dominated. Bishop played great and a few nice saves.

Enjoy the point Price got you that you didn't deserve MTL. See you in a week.

LOL. Considering that game was literally one bounce from going in the other direction, that's pretty strange smack talk. Doesn't matter how the game played out if the scoreboard doesn't reflect it. Tampa did dominate this game and still only managed to win off a goal deflected in off the defenders skate.

Comforting in the sense that this was about as close to a playoff style game as you're going to see but scary to see what Price can do when he's on his game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Considering TKO did it with Subban and Markov on their ass all night, I think they get an extra nod, especially making Markov look silly on more than 1 occasion.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
This feels like a really momentous night for the playoff outlook.

I think is the night where...
-Minnesota solidifies their playoff spot.
-Winnipeg begins their fall out of a playoff spot.
-Los Angeles begins their bid to climb up and take Winnipeg's playoff spot.
-The door slams shut on Colorado and Ottawa's playoff hopes.

Minnesota is on a wild run right now. It's insane. The Devils were 7-2-1 coming into this game too, so it's not as if we were struggling. Overall we were 16-11-3 since firing Deboer.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Please, you guys clearly dominated the 3rd but the first 2 periods were close even with TB getting the calls their way.

Have fun against Detroit while we take 1st place in the division!

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Please, you guys clearly dominated the 3rd but the first 2 periods were close even with TB getting the calls their way.

There's also not a whole lot to be proud of when you let your goalie get tested all night.

If I'm not mistaken (and I hope I'm not) we're undefeated in the season series against Detroit, much like we are against MTL.

Lot's of strange chest puffing from both sides right now.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
As bad as Montreal's metrics are, would you rather face:

a) superior metrics, beatable goalie
b) horrible metrics, God

I think my thrill from that win tonight was just as much from actually getting one past Carey Price as it was winning the game. When Carey Price is doing what he was doing tonight, it seems like nothing is gonna beat him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's even more frustrating for us, as Price is saving Therrien's job every night. This team won't get anywhere with that offense and we'll never get better offensively with Therrien, he only cares about grinding.

TB looked like that last year, particularly early on.

You've got a great young team, so do we. There'a a little bit of bad blood and a ton of competitive fire. Both GMs have done great jobs. We're set for some incredible match ups for years to come.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
LOL. Considering that game was literally one bounce from going in the other direction, that's pretty strange smack talk. Doesn't matter how the game played out if the scoreboard doesn't reflect it. Tampa did dominate this game and still only managed to win off a goal deflected in off the defenders skate.

Comforting in the sense that this was about as close to a playoff style game as you're going to see but scary to see what Price can do when he's on his game.

Yes a bounce the other way and they could have won. That doesn't change the fact that they were completely dominated. Hockey is weird like that sometimes, see the Blues game that we lost when we should have won.

Considering TKO did it with Subban and Markov on their ass all night, I think they get an extra nod, especially making Markov look silly on more than 1 occasion.

Yeah for sure.

I'm sorry, first off the calls going our way? Which penalty on MTL shouldn't have been? The officiating was pretty solid actually. Surprisingly.

And we clearly dominated. The game was even until the 10 min mark in the 1st and then TB turned it on and never looked back.

dzzcly.jpg

Serenade

Feb 5, 2008

b) horrible metrics, God

I think my thrill from that win tonight was just as much from actually getting one past Carey Price as it was winning the game. When Carey Price is doing what he was doing tonight, it seems like nothing is gonna beat him.

When you have bishop in nets. I think B is not a bad option. Whether its option a or b, TB can compete fine.

MacEugene

Jun 1, 2014
Brussels

b) horrible metrics, God

Yeah but Price is a single point of failure. If he gets injured as last year or gets a cold streak, Montreal is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad