GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/06/2024 | 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
As a Knights fan, i honestly cannot remember the last time Hill truly had a bad game. I hope he keeps it up. Too bad he got injured cause i really do think he would have been in the Vezina conversation if not for the injury. Not saying he would have won, but maybe make it into the top 3.

And for the people who are just going to say that the team in front of him is the reason for his good numbers. Well you are correct in saying that when it came to the playoffs, but the team defensively this season has honestly been not has good.

It feels like this game would have been a blowout if not for Hill.
Hill was great in every game against the Oilers in the playoffs imo.

That said I think the Oilers made it easier than it needed to be for him tonight with a lot of shots along the ice. 2 shots beat Hill high but hit the post.

Reactions: hangman005

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Board will be fine, 70% of the people will just get thread banned :laugh:
pump-those-up-rookie-numbers.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
As a Knights fan, i honestly cannot remember the last time Hill truly had a bad game. I hope he keeps it up. Too bad he got injured cause i really do think he would have been in the Vezina conversation if not for the injury. Not saying he would have won, but maybe make it into the top 3.

And for the people who are just going to say that the team in front of him is the reason for his good numbers. Well you are correct in saying that when it came to the playoffs, but the team defensively this season has honestly been not has good.

He should be in the Vezina discussion, I mean why not, he is no.1 in the league for save percentage, no? He has a case right now that he's the best goalie in the league.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

He was amazing.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hill was great in every game against the Oilers in the playoffs imo.
Oh he surely was, but the team from what i remember did play better defense for him during that series than what we saw tonight. I mean holy shit. Turnovers and odd man rushes galore for the Knights this game.

Oilers are a great team and i hope the Knights avoid them in the playoffs cause i just don't know how a rematch would go.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He should be in the Vezina discussion, I mean why not, he is no.1 in the league for save percentage, no? He has a case right now that he's the best goalie in the league.
He’s 13-2-2 currently, he would need to play a crazy amount of games to finish the year to be a true finalist

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton

Too many here not giving enough credit to Hill.

You can tell who actually watched and who just wants to get shots in. Was a great game of hockey honestly

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He’s 13-2-2 currently, he would need to play a crazy amount of games to finish the year to be a true finalist

He's the best goalie in the league in the playoffs and has the highest save percentage again this season.

At some point he simply has a case as the best in the business right now. Because no one else can put their numbers up against his for that stretch and say they're better.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oh he surely was, but the team from what i remember did play better defense for him during that series than what we saw tonight. I mean holy shit. Turnovers and odd man rushes galore for the Knights this game.

Oilers are a great team and i hope the Knights avoid them in the playoffs cause i just don't know how a rematch would go.
Oilers almost lost to a worse Kings team last year because they spent the first 3.5 games of the series trying to get revenge for the season prior (even though they won?) so I dunno.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He's the best goalie in the league in the playoffs and has the highest save percentage again this season.

At some point he simply has a case as the best in the business right now. Because no one else can put their numbers up against his for that stretch and say they're better.
You’re not wrong, but without the games played I don’t think he will get the love he deserves

Reactions: Fraser28

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I hope we can at least all agree that Vegas/Edmonton will be a hell of an opening round matchup.
It’s going to be huge for either team to have home ice. It will likely be the difference.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Oilers almost lost to a worse Kings team last year because they spent the first 3.5 games of the series trying to get revenge for the season prior (even though they won?) so I dunno.
This team right now feels different though. 16 straight wins are hard to get in todays NHL no matter how easy or difficult your schedule is.

Now the only Oilers game i have seen during their run was tonight, so i cannot comment on their previous games, but tonight they looked great. Fast too pucks, pretty good defensively and what not. The bigger question is how do they respond after losing this game.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
It’s going to be huge for either team to have home ice. It will likely be the difference.

Yeah, I could certainly see that being the case. No idea which team I think would win at the moment. It’ll be an epic series, I can’t wait.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
The poor start may deny it, but they've had the best points percentage in the league (and by extension, the division) for almost 3 months straight at this point.
Since Dec 6th (last two months) which team has the fewest regulation losses? It's a team in the Pacific but it's not the Oilers.

Oilers have had an impressive run but so have the Canucks. Maybe Oilers fans shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Canucks.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Maybe the adversity will be good for you guy's?
it feels like they just don't care, all their minds are already on the playoffs and they are just going through the motions to get there, so you will see them pick it up when they need to but coast other times.

Ol' Jase

Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Since Dec 6th (last two months) which team has the fewest regulation losses? It's a team in the Pacific but it's not the Oilers.

Oilers have had an impressive run but so have the Canucks. Maybe Oilers fans shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Canucks.
Regardless of what some Oiler fans may claim, the Canucks are really good and should be a force come playoff time.

The only thing I see slowing them down would be a rash of injuries.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You’re not wrong, but without the games played I don’t think he will get the love he deserves

Goalies in the 2023 playoffs with a Save % Better than Hill: Zero
Goalies in the 23-24 season (to date) with Save % Better than Hill: Zero

lol, at least we have a good idea who is going to be Team Canada's starter in 2025.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Congrats on the 16 game streak. Look forward to the April 4th game to see if the new Oilers offer up a better challenge.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Congrats on the 16 game streak. Look forward to the April 4th game to see if the new Oilers offer up a better challenge.
The Oilers... don't play on the 4th? So I'm guessing they probably won't impress you much that night.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria

The Oilers have looked both completely dismal and amazing this season. During their recent run against middling to bad opponents over the last 20 games-ish they have made up a negligible amount of points in the standings.

If the Oilers win their games in hand they are still 6 points back of the Canucks for the Div lead.

The Canucks, Oil and Jets have all looked really good so far. Some people get so worked up in their "the other team sucks" mindsets that they can't watch the other teams without shitting on them. Being a "team" fan is cool, but try to celebrate the fact that their are 3 Canadian teams that have a real chance at Lord Stanley's Cup this year.

(no, I am not talking about you Toronto, go sit down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad