GDT: HFBoards GDT: 02/06/2024 | 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The poor start may deny it, but they've had the best points percentage in the league (and by extension, the division) for almost 3 months straight at this point.
24-4 is a hell of a run, outdone only by the incredible season the nucks have had the entire season. To go 24-4 and only gain 7 points was not on my bingo card
it feels like they just don't care, all their minds are already on the playoffs and they are just going through the motions to get there, so you will see them pick it up when they need to but coast other times.
I think that's normal to an extent.
The leafs have nothing to prove in the regular season and even with them not at their best they are right in the mix. Big difference in a positive way is Woll looks like the real deal.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
24-4 is a hell of a run, outdone only by the incredible season the nucks have had the entire season. To go 24-4 and only gain 7 points was not on my bingo card

I think that's normal to an extent.
The leafs have nothing to prove in the regular season and even with them not at their best they are right in the mix. Big difference in a positive way is Woll looks like the real deal.
We need another D man and a depth fwd or were 1 and done, no way our D core can stand up to a 7 game series with out losing guys. That 1 extra guy would split the load and make lasting 7 more likely

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Anybody aware of advanced stats is hoping they play the Canucks too.
If the nucks were barely winning games, or doing so in such a blatent way like they did under Bruce I could see the doubt. However when you look at the counting stats, or watch them play only the biggest hater would keep saying shit like this.
I think you guys just can't accept that we have a very talented team that has a high SH% because we have guys that can snipe and playmakers that make it easy on the shooters. The also shoot far more from HD spots, even the bottom six guys score almost every goal off a great setup 5 feet from the net. They also get a lot of tip ins and greasy goals. Shooting from everywhere might be great for corsi and other useless stats but it kills SH% doesn't matter really what people think, we are the best team in hockey with no gaping holes and it feels pretty good after sucking for so long.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If the nucks were barely winning games, or doing so in such a blatent way like they did under Bruce I could see the doubt. However when you look at the counting stats, or watch them play only the biggest hater would keep saying shit like this.
I think you guys just can't accept that we have a very talented team that has a high SH% because we have guys that can snipe and playmakers that make it easy on the shooters. The also shoot far more from HD spots, even the bottom six guys score almost every goal off a great setup 5 feet from the net. They also get a lot of tip ins and greasy goals. Shooting from everywhere might be great for corsi and other useless stats but it kills SH% doesn't matter really what people think, we are the best team in hockey with no gaping holes and it feels pretty good after sucking for so long.

Vegas when healthy is the best team in hockey. Their D is on another level from everyone else once it dials in, if Hill is a fluke, he sure isn't showing any signs of it.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
You're right to be happy, the Canucks are very good.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Man, this was the one game that I had identified as a potential problem for the Oilers, even though Golden Knights hadn't even been that good lately.

Kind of a shame they missed out on the NHL record. If this match was before the all-star break instead, I feel that it would have gone the other way around. Sorta interrupted the momentum.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
i mean... its hard to fluke a +60 differential after just 50 games. There is no doubt that they are dominant on most nights.

Since the calender flipped to December, they've only had 1 loss by more than 1 goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad