GDT: HFBoards GDT 01/10/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
What were those said circumstances?

The hit on Comeau, Cooke concussing DiPietro by dropping a knee on the back of his head, the countless times DiPietro got run by Cooke, the slashes to JT's legs by Letang, the DiPietro fight and gigantic toothed "flower" laughing on the bench and countless other liberties the Penguins, and other teams took on the Islanders that year with the Refs looking the other way. I think the league took notice after that game, because they certainly didn't give a **** before.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
*Sighs* Granlund grabs ahold of Bieksa's stick, brings it underneath his arm and yet the refs call Granlund for holding the stick and Bieksa for hooking.

Back to Kings vs Jets

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yup. We were able to outscore some of our issues for a while but losing two top six forwards for a month or more might spell doom.

Typical kings. Get outplayed like crazy and win games...but then lead the league in corsi for a Long stretch and play less than .500 for it.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Yup. We were able to outscore some of our issues for a while but losing two top six forwards for a month or more might spell doom.

Typical kings. Get outplayed like crazy and win games...but then lead the league in corsi for a Long stretch and play less than .500 for it.

That's hockey.
The Jets lost Bogo, Trouba, Enstrom and Stuart all at the same time and I thought they were doomed, but they managed to power through.
Now they're getting somewhat healthy and have thrown up a couple of stinkers in a row including a 4-1 loss to the Coyotes.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This actually just means Sutter will give doughty more minutes by playing him at forward as well

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Scuffle after final whistle in Vancouver with the Flames.

Burrows and Giordano on the bottom of the pile.

Flames win 1-0. Overall weird game. Ortio travels half way around the continent to face against Eddie Lack, the less sick of the 2 Canucks goalies. Cnaukc badly outplayed them, but Ortio made a number of big stops, also a number of posts and near-misses and wasted chances.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Calgary reminds me of the Wild under Lemaire.... plays a clean game, blocks shots and traps the opponent hoping for a turnover to capitalize on. Boring but effective.

On the other hand, the Jets/Kings game looks like it would be an awesome playoff series in the 8 minutes I've seen thus far.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Jets have to play again tomorrow after this.
Going to be some ice bags in the room.

bam09

Jan 19, 2008
And he does it well. :yo:

Though to be honest I didn't see exactly what happened after the faceoff, just a crowd of bodies pushing and shoving.

Uhh, you're celebrating a guy swinging at another player(one of the most respected in the league, no less) whilst they're both on the ground? Stay classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad