GDT: HFBoards GDT 01/10/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Not so sure about that call on Lowry. Pretty weak.

And Buff was tripped up at the LA blue line on the pinch.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Can a non-biased viewer give me their opinion on the refereeing in the Jets/Kings game?

Byfuglien's second interference call and that slashing call on Lowry seemed ridiculously weak. Not to mention the missed delay of game against the Kings earlier in the period.

The Jets penalty trouble has been an issue all season but we see a lot of games lately where the refereeing has been absolutely terrible.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can a non-biased viewer give me their opinion on the refereeing in the Jets/Kings game?

Byfuglien's second interference call and that slashing call on Lowry seemed ridiculously week. Not to mention the missed delay of game against the Kings earlier in the period.

The Jets penalty trouble has been an issue all season but we see a lot of games lately where the refereeing has been absolutely terrible.

I'm a kings fan but it's been terrible.

It's been terrible in LA for the last several games really though it's been all different crews IIRC. They don't seem able to keep up with the speed and activity of the games

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010

Byfuglien's second interference call and that slashing call on Lowry seemed ridiculously week. Not to mention the missed delay of game against the Kings earlier in the period.

I just flipped to the game after the first period ended in the Canucks/Flames game and saw the slash. I agree it was weak, I was actually expecting Kopitar to be getting the penalty for running the goalie. I don't see how a "slash" to the arm causes Kopitar to lose his balance and run into Hutchinson.

Didn't see the interference or the missed delay of game so can't comment. Though if it's the one that was called against Kopitar, it looked to me like two guys battling for the puck and Byfuglien being much bigger but I could see why the ref called it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The officiating has been horrible this year. What counts as an infraction differs period to period and team to team. Tonight isn't as bad as I've seen but it isn't good.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I just flipped to the game after the first period ended in the Canucks/Flames game and saw the slash. I agree it was weak, I was actually expecting Kopitar to be getting the penalty for running the goalie. I don't see how a "slash" to the arm causes Kopitar to lose his balance and run into Hutchinson.

Didn't see the interference or the missed delay of game so can't comment. Though if it's the one that was called against Kopitar, it looked to me like two guys battling for the puck and Byfuglien being much bigger but I could see why the ref called it.

Buff took 2. He got called for the hit on Kopitar and then another play in the neutral zone when the puck jumped over the Kings player's stick just as he finished his check.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Yep kopitar, noted goalie runner. Gave up on the scoring chance to check hutch.

I don't watch Kings games so you're saying that he does this often? Wow, I guess the refs should keep a closer eye on him.

All I said was that I didn't see how a tap on the arm causes the legs to collapse. The contact with Hutchinson was worthy of a GI penalty to me. You're defensive aren't you.

Buff took 2. He got called for the hit on Kopitar and then another play in the neutral zone when the puck jumped over the Kings player's stick just as he finished his check.

Nope, didn't see that one.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

Byfuglien's second interference call and that slashing call on Lowry seemed ridiculously weak. Not to mention the missed delay of game against the Kings earlier in the period.

I'm neutral in the sense that I'm a Bruins fan, but I live in Winnipeg, so the Jets are my second team.

The only one that bothered me was the slash. It was weak, and Buff had just been dumped at the la blue line with no call.
It's an unfortunate play, but Buff's second interference was a legit call IMO. The puck bounced and he never did receive the pass.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I don't watch Kings games so you're saying that he does this often? Wow, I guess the refs should keep a closer eye on him.

All I said was that I didn't see how a tap on the arm causes the legs to collapse. The contact with Hutchinson was worthy of a GI penalty to me. You're defensive aren't you.

Nope, didn't see that one.

Quite the opposite. He's one of the most honest players in the league

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Another Jets penalty.
Wow.

Most of these calls are legit, just undisciplined and unlucky

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
What the hell?

Carter hits the post, ref waived it off, Jets turn it around and then they blow the whistle???

Replay clearly shows it hit post. What did they blow it down for?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's TWO gnarly posts. We are cursed.

Kings luck has to correct itself as the season goes on right?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jets fans feel your pain. I think Schiefele alone had 10 posts in the first 12 games this year.

Yuck.

I mean the kings obviously haven't been doing themselves any favors but their bad defensive play has been compounded by just awful luck--posts, miracle tips, own goals. It's a circus.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jets-kings could be a fun series if it were ever to happen. Like kings Blues, just heavy teams playin heads up.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Jets-kings could be a fun series if it were ever to happen. Like kings Blues, just heavy teams playin heads up.

They play a similar style, but I'm not sure the Jets are quite ready yet to hang with them skill wise for 7 games. Hutchinson would have to be very good.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Posts, Toffoli out with mono, now Pearson apparently dead...you could say that but you'd be dead wrong.

Look at it the other way though. Puck jumps over a Kings stick leading to an interference call on Buff and then Slater puts it over the glass. Bingo. 5 on 3 and 2 pp goals.

Plus, I don't think you want to complain to Jets fans about injuries. Their entire blue line was just out for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad