GDT: HFBoards | 3/1/21 | Pinch and a punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
McDavid is special and he's obviously doing it all while being closely watched every game but if he found more intensity and urgency in playing Defence/back checking hard.. he's be the goat.. but he saves most of his energy for his offensive bursts and kinda floats a little when he's not in the OZone.. and that's on him.

You could take away prime Crosby's speed or shot and he'd spend all summer finding new ways to beat you without missing a beat. What do you have if you bring McDavid down to just average speed?

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
You could take away prime Crosby's speed or shot and he'd spend all summer finding new ways to beat you without missing a beat. What do you have if you bring McDavid down to just average speed?
I see your point, but don't forget McDavid has elite stick handling.its his speed and stick handling that hides the shot.. that makes his shot deceptive in the first place. But yea Crosby tries to out work you every shift

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Incidentally, in Canada, there are two feeds available on Sportsnet tonight. SN1, SNW, and SNP has the Edmonton feed while SNO and SNE have the Leafs feed (with Chris Cuthbert and Craig Simpson).

Reactions: binop7

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Prime Crosby is better than McDavid is now.

That is maybe an unpopular opinion, but Crosby could do it all and had a much more rounded game while also being the best offensive talent.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So funny. Oilers fans alwas say Drai plays on his own but I've seen him on McDavid's wing so many times in the last 2 games. On 4 v 4's and whenever they are pushing for goals.

Reactions: binop7

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I see your point, but don't forget McDavid has elite stick handling.its his speed and stick handling that hides the shot.. that makes his shot deceptive in the first place. But yea Crosby tries to out work you every shift

Don't get me wrong, the speed he can puck handle at is 100% unique and his hands in close are obviously elite, I just don't see him being smart enough to consistently create enough room for himself without being faster than everyone else.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Shots are even but man. Oilers haven't had more than 1 or 2 dangerous chances all game. All of their shots are from the outside. Leafs meanwhile have several good chances from the netfront and slot that didn't go in. Hyman's backhand miss and Marner's post.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
5ZMPrt5.jpg

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
So funny. Oilers fans alwas say Drai plays on his own but I've seen him on McDavid's wing so many times in the last 2 games. On 4 v 4's and whenever they are pushing for goals.

He’s got to be the only centre in the league where another centre from a different line contributes on >50% of his points.

Reactions: Leafidelity

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Edmonton was supposed to be the top competitors in the north next to Jets.. doesn't look like they got any bite against the leafs at all though...

Let's see if the Jets can take that "contender spot" once they face the leafs.. Oilers have been unimpressive against top competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad